PDA

View Full Version : What are your tips and stories about smoker's vehicles?

KirkH
09-27-2023, 03:01 PM
Here are my top 2 tips that I came up with from experience:

-Clean the nicotine off the inside of the glass with glass polish.

-Search the vehicle meticulously for cigarette butts, etc. in the floorboard.

I had a customer that said his truck smelled like cigarettes- but he doesn't smoke. When I searched the floors, I found a small pile of dried dip tobacco and a brown stain. Someone had spilled a dip cup. Turns out the customer's son dips and had borrowed the truck.

KirkH
09-27-2023, 03:10 PM
I forgot, I also change the cabin air filter.

Eldorado2k
09-27-2023, 03:16 PM
Clean the seat belts. Use 1 of those Meguiars Air Refreshers with the AC on.

PaulMys
09-27-2023, 04:18 PM
Clean the seat belts. Use 1 of those Meguiars Air Refreshers with the AC on.

Depends on how bad it is too.

We just had a customer trade in a '16 Fusion and he/she must have been a HEAVY smoker. Little burns all over the drivers seat, caked-on nicotine on all the glass, the headliner that was light gray is now a brownish yellow, and the cloth seats are just saturated with nicotine. No amount of cleaning could ever fix the smell in that car.

Needless to say, that car is unsellable. It will be going to auction.

Eric7810
09-27-2023, 07:23 PM
Like Paul said it’s about how bad it is.

I don’t deal with it. It’s not worth my time to address it when it will likely result in the customers ‘sniff test’ being the start of an argument regarding how well it came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danube
09-27-2023, 08:32 PM
Washing the seats thoroughly may help get rid of smell as well.

KirkH
09-27-2023, 09:20 PM
Like Paul said it’s about how bad it is.

I don’t deal with it. It’s not worth my time to address it when it will likely result in the customers ‘sniff test’ being the start of an argument regarding how well it came out.

My menu states that there is an upcharge for smoker's treatment and I can't guarantee results.

I recently had a customer bring me a truck she was going to sell. She asked me to "pay special attention to the driver's seat, Dad had some accidents." I was hoping that meant he spilled his coffee, but no. It was urine. I have some pretty good products but I told her,
"it may always smell like pee."

I'm billing those jobs (urine, suicides, ODs, etc.) at $200/hr by the way.

Optimus Grime
09-27-2023, 09:50 PM
My menu states that there is an upcharge for smoker's treatment and I can't guarantee results.

I'm billing those jobs (urine, suicides, ODs, etc.) at $200/hr by the way.

This is similar to the guys who trained me. One charges $800 for any type of biological contaminants. The other charges and extra $300 on top of his $350+ for the interior.

bill walsh
09-28-2023, 08:06 PM
Run Forest

KirkH
09-29-2023, 09:39 AM
I SWEAR TO DOG, I just got to a customer's house and she said "Oh by the way, somewhere in there smells like urine. I've tried to find it...."

:doh::doh::doh:

Eric7810
09-29-2023, 06:04 PM
I SWEAR TO DOG, I just got to a customer's house and she said "Oh by the way, somewhere in there smells like urine. I've tried to find it...."

:doh::doh::doh:

Translation: “The real reason I called you was I needed urine removed, thanks in advance for removing that smell entirely without any up charge”.