PDA

View Full Version : Glass sealent reccomendations

04lss
09-23-2023, 10:15 AM
Hi All,

When i bought my car in December, i put Gtechniq C1 on the windshield. Probably the most aggravating application of any product ive ever used. I got a solid 7 months of hydrophobic, but it came with occasional wiper judder, and that horrid application. I am looking for a new option. Ive tried some of the "short term" ones like bc4, Griots Ceramic glass cleaner, wolfgang glass cleaner, etc. they just dont have the water beading i want. Ive looked at Gyeons quick view, the application seems super easy, but in all the videos ive seen, the hydrophobics dont seem to have that "True coating" behavior. Kind of like comparing a spray ceramic to a glass bottle coating when water hits the paint.

Any suggestions?
on my radar:
Car pro
Gyeon q2 View (the glass bottle one)

Not sure where else i should look.

Optimus Grime
09-23-2023, 10:30 AM
Although I’ve all but ditched Adams products I do use their glass coating. It’s fairly cheap and easy to apply. I do two coats and get around 6 months and for the price I have no complaints.

DanaDetailingPros
09-23-2023, 04:05 PM
I'm still having even sprinkles running off 6 mos. latter with Angelwax H20

The Guz
09-23-2023, 04:13 PM
Are you after a true ceramic or just a sealant?

Coatingsarecrack
09-23-2023, 07:22 PM
AngleWax H2gO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04lss
09-23-2023, 10:41 PM
Are you after a true ceramic or just a sealant?

True ceramic. I always find the sealants leave little lines where my wipers stop that the glass coatings dont.

The Guz
09-24-2023, 01:10 AM
True ceramic. I always find the sealants leave little lines where my wipers stop that the glass coatings dont.

These are ones to look into

Armour Detail Supply Glass Coating - This is my current go to.
Artdeshine Graphene Window Coat - strong performer
P&S Inspiration Vue - cost is high but good performer