PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz Lite

CleanIT
09-11-2023, 04:05 PM
I decided to give it a first wash today and much to my surprise, the hood did not bead well. Sides did extremely well. Similar to Can Coat. I'm going to guess that the hood was slightly warm and therefore it didn't bond as well there. I know the hood was warm to the touch and I took a risk. No streaking.

I threw Reload 2.0 on top. I like Reload. Nice look and beading is very good.

This is what I get for being impatient lol. I will reapply to hood at some point.

Late fall or Spring I may do a correction and re-apply it. For now it looks really good.

Eldorado2k
09-11-2023, 04:42 PM
Did you use brand new applicators & towels?

CleanIT
09-11-2023, 05:02 PM
Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
09-11-2023, 05:34 PM
75 degrees in the sun or shade?

CleanIT
09-11-2023, 05:53 PM
75 degrees in the sun or shade?

75F in shade. So the truck sat in the sun most of the day. I pulled it back into the shade and let it cool. It was warm to the touch, but not hot.

Rsurfer
09-11-2023, 06:43 PM
75F in shade. So the truck sat in the sun most of the day. I pulled it back into the shade and let it cool. It was warm to the touch, but not hot.

Sounds like this was the problem.

The Guz
09-11-2023, 08:15 PM
Could be from using that Kamikaze product.

CleanIT
09-11-2023, 08:16 PM
You may be right. I did wash the vehicle again with Descale though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98CayenneTA
09-11-2023, 09:20 PM
Could be from using that Kamikaze product.

This, Kamikaze products do NOT play well with others.

I love Kamikaze products but even something as simple as using a different brand for a dying aid in a coated Kamikaze vehicle you are in for a nightmare.

abqhudson
09-16-2023, 08:06 PM
I decided to give it a first wash today and much to my surprise, the hood did not bead well. Sides did extremely well. Similar to Can Coat. I'm going to guess that the hood was slightly warm and therefore it didn't bond as well there. I know the hood was warm to the touch and I took a risk. No streaking.

I threw Reload 2.0 on top. I like Reload. Nice look and beading is very good.

This is what I get for being impatient lol. I will reapply to hood at some point.

Late fall or Spring I may do a correction and re-apply it. For now it looks really good.

I am a big fan of C Quartz UK 3.0

Tried C Quartz Lite one time - didn't like it at all.

I like Reload. After - C Quartz UK

YMMV.