PDA

View Full Version : Best cleaner wax OR AIO for hand application

PBoy
08-27-2023, 08:42 PM
Haven't kept up on the newest offerings. Unfortunately, due to physical limitations I'm just in the market for a paint cleaner & spray wax/sealant combo. I clearly realize hand polishing is futile for any significant correction, just want to keep my late model neutral color (silver) vehicle looking decent.

Have old school experience with KAIO, DG 501, and 3D Speed. Anything considerably better or easier for hand application?

Thanks

DUBL0WS6
08-28-2023, 05:12 PM
I'd guess DG 501 is pretty easy to use. None of the AIO's are going to be really durable.

Bri26
08-29-2023, 06:48 AM
Meguiars 3 n 1 wax is primarily made for hand application which it even comes with a foam applicator for this purpose. It does a good job of getting out swirls and water spots. You could even use Turtle Wax seal n shine as a topper to increase the durability of the protection.

Another good one would be P21S gloss enhancing paintwork cleanser followed by Turtle Wax seal n shine.

Either option should give at least 6 months of protection.

PA DETAILER
08-29-2023, 12:00 PM
HYBRID SOLUTIONS CERAMIC POLISH & WAX. Nice product. And leaves a decent coating of Ceramic protection.

yakky
08-29-2023, 08:07 PM
I'd guess DG 501 is pretty easy to use. None of the AIO's are going to be really durable.Agree, any of the DG products are tough to beat. They will outlast most ceramic AIOs.

Mother's cleaner wax is another good one. Doesn't last as long as DG but a better cleaner. It's amazing on hard water spots.

DanaDetailingPros
08-29-2023, 09:47 PM
3D SPEED/Angelwax ENIGMA AIO Ceramic Infused All in One Hybrid Compound.

PBoy
08-30-2023, 01:45 PM
3D SPEED/Angelwax ENIGMA AIO Ceramic Infused All in One Hybrid Compound.

Really? A compound by hand?

Doesn't sound too easy.

DanaDetailingPros
08-30-2023, 04:26 PM
Any compound or polish is always doable by hand. But your emphasizing easy when anything you do by hand isn't easy!

VISITOR
08-30-2023, 06:59 PM
use up whatever AIO you have laying around (if you still have product) and top it. no need to keep spending more money on products and push the ones you have aside to collect more dust..

if you need to buy new products these two would be great choices. if in a pinch they can be purchased OTC as well...

Griots Garage Ceramic All-In-One Wax (https://www.autogeek.net/griots-garage-ceramic-all-in-one-wax.html)
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-ndtdat03b2/images/stencil/640w/products/8823/16706/griots-garage-ceramic-all-in-one-wax__00617.1663862652.jpg?c=1

The Griot's Garage Ceramic All-In-One Wax removes surface defects such as fine scratches, swirl marks, and stains while imparting SiO2 protection. This SiO2 protection will increase the surface's hydrophobicity (water beading/sheeting) and make it more difficult for contaminants to stick to your paint's surface! Griot's Garage Ceramic All-In-One Wax improves gloss, color, depth, and clarity all in one easy and simple step! You can continue to detail however you'd like because Griot's Garage Ceramic All-In-One Wax can be used with Random Orbital or by hand!

Griots Garage Ceramic Speed Shine (https://www.autogeek.net/griots-garage-ceramic-speed-shine.html)
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-ndtdat03b2/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/8827/16992/griots-garage-ceramic-speed-shine__07666.1663863116.jpg?c=1

Griot's Garage Ceramic Speed Shine brings you a spray detailer with SiO2 protection. Griot's Garage Ceramic Speed Shine can be used for light soil removal, while still leaving behind a super slick, ceramic finish. The SiO2 protection in Griot's Garage Ceramic Speed Shine adds protection and even water beading. You can even use Griot's Garage Ceramic Speed Shine in other detailing forms. Best of all, Griot's Garage Ceramic Speed Shine is easy-to-use in a convenient and time-saving spray bottle.

PaulMys
08-31-2023, 06:44 PM
Unfortunately, due to physical limitations....

Any compound or polish is always doable by hand. But your emphasizing easy when anything you do by hand isn't easy!

Agreed.

Working by hand will tax your physical limitations WAY more than working with a machine.

Uncbrs
08-31-2023, 09:10 PM
I've done much better with PB Blackhole glaze and a sealant or the PB Natty wax than cleaner waxes. Even though it's just masking, it helped get imperfections out of my mind as long as it wasn't 7am in the sunshine.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk