PDA

View Full Version : PPF STRIP Wash

chefwong
08-25-2023, 10:05 AM
I'm thinking 1.5/2oz of Reset to a bucket ......whaddya say. Should be strong enough to strip wash 3-in-1 on PPF ?

Just want to try something new and want to get down to base without any mechanical means/methods.

DFB
08-26-2023, 04:08 AM
Reset is not a strip wash, so your results will be limited at best. You would be better off looking at Lift for this role.

chefwong
08-26-2023, 07:00 AM
I had reset in my stash and IMO it's fairly strong stuff.

I do have AF Avalanche on deck , so I suppose that is would achieve the same results as life - aka, a very strong wash....

DFB
08-26-2023, 07:12 AM
I had reset in my stash and IMO it's fairly strong stuff.

I do have AF Avalanche on deck , so I suppose that is would achieve the same results as life - aka, a very strong wash....

Even so, Reset won't haver the ability to strip with just one single wash. You could also add some APC to it if you wanted.

chefwong
08-26-2023, 08:29 AM
As crazy as this may post may sound, PPF is supposed to make car maintence easier. It does....it prevents rock chips (main reason), film -self heals-, piano black pieces are literally still piano black etc

But in that same realm, I am very careful and mindful of what I use on it when it comes to cleaning, or even paint cleaner polishing, etc on it. And upkeep - LSP doesn't stay on it as paint, so there is more upkeep in the realm of LSP. I take it my approach to PPF may be a smidge more OCD however

BudgetPlan1
08-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Ya get used to as you live with it, stuff is $$$ so you don’t want to goon it up. First fully PPF’d (black) car I treated like a China teacup for the first year, after that I just treat like really durable paint.

Have clayed it, polished lightly, Re-coated it, dumped loads of ceramic sprays on it, stripped ‘em off and now it has a sealant on top of its base ceramic coating and is doing better than ever (for a daily driven black car, anyway).

Once you get used to it, PPF can be a real treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DUBL0WS6
08-26-2023, 10:59 PM
Diluted Amazing APC should work. I'd probably mix it with some car soap.