PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Seal vs. others

Pages : [1] 2

Dropkick Detail
04-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Seems like whenever something new comes out, you no longer hear about the quality of similar products. I bought Opti-Seal about 8 months ago with my first AG order and used it on my truck. I swear, it's still working like a charm.

Now there are several similar products out there and my question is: is Opti-Seal still a top-ranked sealant? I've heard of Ultima Paint Guard Plus (UPGP) and others but have yet to test them out. Thoughts? Suggestions? What other line offers something similar?

Thanks!

Chris Thomas
04-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Depends on what forum you're on LOL. It's the only sealant I use now that I've weeded out my inventory of other stuff. I have some KSG let but it is a different application than OS because it'll hide and correct a little where as OS is only protection for prepped surfaces. Ease of application, price, and look of product make it tops for me. The Ultima line gets good reviews too, but it's just too expensive for a negligible difference. JMHO

Old Pirate
04-29-2008, 02:38 PM
I still use it on some of my Detail's, had it on my ride for 6 months and it still bead's very nicely.................:cheers:

Rsurfer
04-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Depends on what forum you're on LOL. It's the only sealant I use now that I've weeded out my inventory of other stuff. I have some KSG let but it is a different application than OS because it'll hide and correct a little where as OS is only protection for prepped surfaces. Ease of application, price, and look of product make it tops for me. The Ultima line gets good reviews too, but it's just too expensive for a negligible difference. JMHO
I've been using OS for some time and was pleased with the results until I saw a post by Detaildoc showing what UPGP and DWG looked like on his Lexus. I wanted that look, so I tried it and now I'm hooked. I know it's hard to believe that sealants can make a big difference in appearance, but in my case it did. Prep is still the key to getting the max shine.

Chris Thomas
04-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Here a couple with OptiSeal after PoliSeal
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/cthomas1440/Nissan%20Altima%20CT/CIMG0120.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/cthomas1440/Ford%20Sport-trac%20MS/CIMG0226.jpg

Rsurfer
04-29-2008, 04:56 PM
DWG & UPGP
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x229/rsurfer1/005.jpg

shuskan3
04-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Opti-seal was the first WOWA sealant that I used, and I instantly fell in love. A couple months after I got Opti-seal, UPGP came out so I went ahead and ordered it too. Just to make it short, Opti-seal is now used on door jambs and wheels. UPGP looks much better to me and is lasting a bit longer too.

dengood1
04-29-2008, 05:59 PM
I've used it on at least 10 vehicles and still have over 3/4 of a bottle left!! I use it on my wifes white Accord every couple of months.

ScottB
04-29-2008, 06:11 PM
I still think Zaino CS has the edge on OS especially considering application, durability, and outlook. I really like Ultima when is was a beta product (RD49) but thought the end product had lost a little of the gloss.

Darren F
04-29-2008, 10:31 PM
What is KSG?

Chris Thomas
04-30-2008, 12:08 AM
Klasse Sealant Glaze

Woob
04-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Love it for Professional use, can't be beat for quick & easy and decent durable finish.

Dropkick Detail
04-30-2008, 05:37 PM
I still think Zaino CS has the edge on OS especially considering application, durability, and outlook. I really like Ultima when is was a beta product (RD49) but thought the end product had lost a little of the gloss.

I used ZCS for the first time on a customers '68 Chevelle and loved it, although its been so long since I've used OS that I couldnt really compare the two. I topped the ZCS with Z8 and the paint looked stellar! I'll post the Chevelle pics when I get them back from the customer. (He wanted me to use his much spendy camera for the pics and is sending me a disc)

ScottB
04-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Z8 really is the best product in the Zaino line. It enhances all their polishes and CS. I have even used it with other sealants and still added gloss and slickness.

Darren F
05-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Can UPGP be used on top of a wax like the Opti Seal can?