PDA

View Full Version : Solution finish just got schooled today!

Pages : [1] 2

DanaDetailingPros
08-14-2023, 08:16 PM
About 3 months ago I did a full enhancement and LSP. 2 days ago I did his Impala. He asked if I would do a wash on the truck and askedif I could redo the black fenders that were showing white through. Also at the time if anyone recalls I thought the Iron remover could of stained the grey plastic.(it had theses weird drip streaks) Well today I used CERA TRIM CERAMIC.By THE LAST COATING. Think that's all they make. It was zero mess and even restored the grey again!769117691276913It[U[/U] It was no joke I was BLOWN AWAY! Just trying to work out a deal to buy a few since he's on eBay.The stuff has a consistency of a really strong hair gel.

Rsurfer
08-14-2023, 08:31 PM
About 34 month ago I did a full enhancement and LSP. 2 days ago I did his Impala. He asked if I would do a wash on the truck and askedif I could redo the black fenders that were showing white through. Also at the time if anyone recall I had thought the Iron remover could of stained the grey plastic. Well today I used CERA TRIM CERAMIC.By THE LAST COATING. Think that's all they make. It was zero mess and even restored the grey again!769117691276913I was no joke BLOWN AWAY! Just tring to work out a deal to buy a few since he's on eBay.
Am I reading this correctly, that you did this truck 34 months ago? And now you used a new trim product and your saying that Solution Finish just got schooled?

How do you know if your new trim protect will not look as bad if not worse 34 months from now?

briarpatch
08-14-2023, 08:33 PM
Am I reading this correctly, that you did this truck 34 months ago? And now you used a new trim product and your saying that Solution Finish just got schooled?

How do you know if your new trim protect will not look as bad if not worse 34 months from now?

Or less than 34 months from now? I'm not familiar with that product....what are their claims as far as longevity?

DanaDetailingPros
08-14-2023, 09:45 PM

3 months ago and all Solution Finish. It looked awesome. I saw it a moth later and the white was showing at top. Then when he had me do it today it was half as black as the day I used the Solution Finish! Then I went over the whole truck in a tenth the amount of time! Lastly It ddi wonders on the grey grill he was talking about wanting to replace (Had tons of white streaks) Being able to now tackle grey will be a game changer on some olde vehicles.

DanaDetailingPros
08-14-2023, 09:48 PM
Or less than 34 months from now? I'm not familiar with that product....what are their claims as far as longevity?

No Claims but I have a email in to the owner. I am really jazzed about it! I just pray it lasts at least 6 months and longer would be a bonus. I really would hat to use Gyeon trim if that's one of the few that claim logevity.

DanaDetailingPros
08-15-2023, 10:58 AM
The Last Coat CERAMIC TRIM RESTORATION PRODUCT! Better than Solution Finish?! - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-owEqtZyYc&t=138s)

DanaDetailingPros
08-16-2023, 05:00 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230816/b3752fe5da6af6e44768e5b78911421b.jpg
I absolutely found the best exterior trim and bumper renewal and then find out they went under!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

SNP209
08-16-2023, 05:13 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230816/b3752fe5da6af6e44768e5b78911421b.jpg
I absolutely found the best exterior trim and bumper renewal and then find out they went under!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

The last coat went under?

John U
08-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Cerakote is my go to. Amazon

DanaDetailingPros
08-16-2023, 09:51 PM
Cerakote is my go to. Amazon

I have no question it must work killer. Just not cost effective for as many trim/bumper renewals I end up with.

DanaDetailingPros
08-16-2023, 09:53 PM
The last coat went under?

I found one of the main suppliers that bought up the last of the last. Are you sure your not thinking of "The Last Cut"?

SNP209
08-17-2023, 12:47 AM
I found one of the main suppliers that bought up the last of the last. Are you sure your not thinking of "The Last Cut"?

The last coat is the company that makes the ceratrim product you have. You mentioned finally finding the best trim product but the company went under, so I thought you were speaking of the last coat.

DanaDetailingPros
08-17-2023, 01:21 AM
The last coat is the company that makes the ceratrim product you have. You mentioned finally finding the best trim product but the company went under, so I thought you were speaking of the last coat.

Here's the email I got from him:

I also really liked this product and I separated a box for myself, because when we bought the lot at the auction I noticed something strange with The Last Coat and apparently our lot is the last units on the market. The company closed, and on Amazon only Jimbo is selling his last units of TLC2 16oz and AMP. If you really like it, I advise you to get a box because it's running low. Thanks.

Coatingsarecrack
08-17-2023, 02:23 AM
I have no question it must work killer. Just not cost effective for as many trim/bumper renewals I end up with.

It lasted 2 years for me. Offer as an upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coatingsarecrack
08-17-2023, 02:27 AM
The last coat was a Facebook flavor of the month a while back. Similar to Torque, Nextgen and UndrDog.

Bold claims, v2 got solid reviews but just a saturated market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk