PDA

View Full Version : I saw something differnt today. I say a detailer using a Tornador on wheels.

DanaDetailingPros
08-14-2023, 02:56 AM
I would guess he decreased the wheels and scrubbed the tires. But used it as a follow up with an APC. I always use BH Surfex in mine. What are you thought? Just never thought of it ever being used that way.
I did however use it to clean an air compressor I was selling and it did a stellar job!

Paul A.
08-14-2023, 09:25 AM
Interesting application. I would guess it could get into the recesses of a "busy" spoke pattern.

DanaDetailingPros
08-15-2023, 03:46 AM
Once I wrapped my head around it I thought why not with a good apc or Surfex after all the tires have been done and the barrels.

Eric7810
09-07-2023, 05:43 AM
I use mine every single time I clean wheels.

I do wheels last, after the vehicle is washed and dried.. (GASP.)

My regimen on filthy oem (clear coated) wheels is…

1. Acid wheel cleaner, agitate
2. Tornador foam gun with soap (neutralize acid, agitate)
3. Sonax spray and seal
4. Rinse with tornador (water-only in jar)
5. Turn dial and dry with tornador

This allows me to dial in the wheels inside (I wash outside) and using the tornador I don’t make a mess with gallons of water on the floor using a pwr washer, also the pwr washer isn’t spraying back into my face every time I spray a lug nut cavity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rsurfer
09-07-2023, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=Eric7810;1779874]

:iagree:You and I are in the minority.:D

PaulMys
09-07-2023, 05:16 PM

Right there with you, you dirty rebels!! :righton:

opie
09-07-2023, 05:52 PM
Wash wheels last=head scratcher

I use to be like yinz...but then i got right!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
09-07-2023, 07:19 PM
In a way it sort of makes sense to do the wheels & tires last. Why? Because if you do them 1st, you’ll wind up drying the vehicle 1st therefore leaving the wheels & tires to dry last and in turn having a higher chance of not having the best final result due to minor water spots.

If you do the wheels & tires last, you’ll already be done with drying the vehicle and you have the proper time to air dry the wheels & tires immediately after cleaning them, ensuring the most perfect spot free finish each time. Besides, how hard is it to not splash a bunch of water on your paint?

AMarkham40
09-08-2023, 05:02 PM

Right there with you, you dirty rebels!! :righton:

I do my wheels & tires last as well. I have a truck so cleaning the wheel wells along with the suspension & exposed frame in these areas is part of my routine which takes some time. If I'm bored but don't have time for a full wash until the next day, I will do my wheels, tires & wheel wells that night. The next day I will cover the tires with 4 trash bags I split in half so they don't get wet. Then once my truck is washed & dried I just pull the bags off, apply some tire shine & spray some detailer into the wheel wells.