PDA

View Full Version : poly charged pinnacle liquid wax

phillystyle
04-28-2008, 07:08 PM
i don't understand how the new pinnacle poly charged wax works.
to quote autogeek
Polycharger Dosing
When mixed with a liquid wax, Polycharger acts as a polymer curing accelerant. Do not mix more wax than you plan to use in 48 hours. After two days a boosted wax mixture must be thrown away, as the wax will thicken or harden in the bottle.

Gemini13
04-28-2008, 07:36 PM
to quote autogeek
Polycharger Dosing
When mixed with a liquid wax, Polycharger acts as a polymer curing accelerant. Do not mix more wax than you plan to use in 48 hours. After two days a boosted wax mixture must be thrown away, as the wax will thicken or harden in the bottle.

Most likely its based on the same concept but a different variation that can withstand being premixed and not suffer from those issues. See the Ultima and Four Star lines they both have premixed polycharged products.

budman3
04-28-2008, 07:43 PM
to quote autogeek
Polycharger Dosing

The Liquid Souveran with Polycharger does not need to be mixed ... it comes premixed, so no need to worry about throwing away the extra product ... I don't think your quote is accurate in context to the Liquid Souveran. Simply put, polycharger makes products last longer on the paint (and elsewhere now with the 4* products) ...

Mike T
04-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Awesome stuff. No need to premix.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/13230-little-review-you-might-want-see.html

supercharged
04-29-2008, 10:10 AM
I really like the original Liquid Souveran. Matter of fact, I just put a coat on my daily driver last weekend...Painwork cleansing lotion, then Liquid Souveran...Love this stuff!

phillystyle
04-29-2008, 02:04 PM
I see what Phillystyle is saying.

according to autogeek and polycharger
when mixed with a liquid wax it must be used within a specified
time period.

polycharger only lasts if used in a qd

phillystyle
04-29-2008, 02:09 PM
I smell marketing BS

pt91
04-29-2008, 03:36 PM
i have wondered why 4star makes the original ch2 poly charger additive that has a very short shelf life with non-water based products but uses a version that has a longer shelf life for their own, new products and now other brands as well. maybe a new version of the ch2 polycharger will be available for us to buy soon.
you think AG get the additive to add to thier liquid souv or is it now produced by four star?

ScottB
04-29-2008, 06:15 PM
I suspect now that Polycharger is in Ultima, Four Star UPP, and Liquid Souveran that they have found away to keep it in liquid form (versus hardening) until activated by oxygen or atmosphere. (no scientist here, trust me) Otherwise it would not be long before all these bottles dried up and consumers complained.

Al-53
04-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Maybe they use a lower dose in the whole bottle than you would with a single application method ..that way it stays stable and not harden..If polycharger was re formulated to not harden any way its used..it would be a better product then the first one since you could mix a batch and still use it a week later...but I still think they just lowered the dose and it prevents hardening..

Al

Mike T
04-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Well I'm curious to see what kinda of durability is going to come of this change.