PDA

View Full Version : Buff Brite Flamethrower

Prange
07-20-2023, 09:47 PM
Anyone here using these? Looks like it would be especially beneficial in a garage with sub-par lighting.

Thanks.

Danube
07-20-2023, 10:12 PM
Looks tempting & practical, but not very good reviews on Amazon.

How long the battery last for would anyone know ?

Buff Brite Install Video - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4wotuGkm38&t=95s)

craigdt
07-20-2023, 10:15 PM
could be a good idea. Or a solution in search of a problem. I cant decide.

opie
07-21-2023, 04:30 AM
Get yourself a cheap hf handheld colormatch light to check your work. Or get a light stand. Or any scan grip light.

While this is a cool idea, its not practical. Can get in the way, one slip of the machine and you have damage to the paint. What about buffing under a mirror? Or edge of the back of a cab between the bed and cab of truck?

Just the opinion of one man is all.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Desertnate
07-21-2023, 07:48 AM
I agree this doesn't look like a great idea.

The accessibility/ergonomic issues have already been covered, I won't beat that horse.

I don't like two things when looking at it.\

1. The temperature of the lighting looks really blue. I've found lighting that tends towards more towards yellow (4000K) vs. blue (5000K+) shows swirls better. My old halogen work lights were a better detail rig than my current LED set.

2. The light source would be REALLY close to the surface. To get a good look at swirls, I've found light sources that are farther away and project light at an angle to the surface work better than something up close and pointed straight at the surface. I quit using headlamps for this reason after only a couple tries.

DUBL0WS6
07-21-2023, 08:52 AM
I bought a 5000 lumen rechargeable LED light at WalMart. It's really bright, the downside is that it takes a while to recharge.

Prange
07-21-2023, 08:07 PM
Excellent points, Gentlemen. Thanks.