PDA

View Full Version : The REAL reason I use Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions (SHORT video)

Don M
07-18-2023, 02:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc9YhexZm9g&ab_channel=DetailingBasics-Keepingitsimple

PA DETAILER
07-18-2023, 03:12 PM
:iagree:

Their products have kept my truck pristine. Work smarter not harder.

Bri26
07-18-2023, 03:14 PM
That is impressive. Specifically, which Turtle Wax hybrid solutions products did you use on the Camaro in the video?

PaulMys
07-18-2023, 04:38 PM
Nice stuff, Don!! :cheers::righton:

Don M
07-18-2023, 04:46 PM
That is impressive. Specifically, which Turtle Wax hybrid solutions products did you use on the Camaro in the video?

When I got it back from the shop after getting mechanical work it, and several other cars had fallout damage (likely from the Canadian wildfires) on the upper surfaces.

My fix?

Step #1 Rotary polisher with a MILD polishing pad (Meguiar's thin tan polishing pad), speed 2.5, weight of the buffer ONLY for pressure and 1 & Done Compound.

Step #2 Orbital polisher on speed 6 with a Lake Country Orange (Mild Cutting) pad, 1 & Done Compound

Step #3 Orbital polisher, speed 4.5 with a Lake Country White (Polishing) pad, 1 & Done Compound

Step #4 Orbital polisher, speed 3.5 Lake Country White Pad, Graphene Infused - To The Max Wax - wait 24 hours

Step #5 (A, B & C) Microfiber cloth (by hand) applied Graphene Flex Wax X3 (24 hours between coats)

Step #6 (A & B) Microfiber cloth (by hand - 24 hours after last coat of Flex Wax) Ceramic Spray Coating X2 (24 hours apart)

Step #7 Stand back, enjoy and make video.

Since I'm retired now, and the car is rarely driven, I had no issues waiting 24 hours between each coat. Steps 1 - 4 were all done on the same day, and let me tell you - that was a LONG day! I also tend to wake up between 12:30 am and 3:00 am, so MOST of the work was done before the wife was even out of bed.

Desertnate
07-19-2023, 07:58 AM
I've used the TW Hybrid Solution Ceramic spray on my duaghter's car with suprising results. The stuff is way more durable than I ever imagined and I like it way better than Griots 3-in-1. It doesn't seem to behave like most ceramic products do, but it is a great spray sealant.

I initially bought it for a specific purpose that never panned out. About the same time, I started to notice the paint on the roof and hood of my daughter's Honda really didn't take well to coatings. These days I just hit those areas with the TW spray after I wash it. She only comes home from school every 2~3 months so it works out great.

Bri26
07-19-2023, 09:47 AM
What's the purpose of using the rotary in step #1?

Don M
07-19-2023, 10:33 AM
What's the purpose of using the rotary in step #1?

Because of the fallout damage it received while sitting outside at the shop, the orbital wouldn't touch it. This picture is a 50/50. The bottom is after TWO compoundings with the orbital - the top is after the rotary, but before using the orbital (to remove holograms caused by the rotary).
Using the rotary was a "Hail Mary," the next step would have been wet-sanding, and I DIDN'T want to have to do THAT!

The hood, roof and trunk lid ALL looked like that, as well as the 'tops' of the rear quarter panels.

https://i.postimg.cc/90g1qv1R/before-and-after-rotary.jpg (https://postimg.cc/PvZ1gVgT)