PDA

View Full Version : Gloss Enhancing Sprays

chefwong
07-12-2023, 09:54 AM
Meguiars Gloss Enhancer.
Yay or Nay.

My take. Right now, my cars are full wrap.
Nothing really last long on this - whether it be a $10 coating or a $100 bottle of coating....
So I tend to top and top *often* when I see fall off.

The gloss enhancing spray from Meguiars is interesting, but everytime I am inclined to order it, I say I have plenty of *spray* (currently in the mix is BSD, 3-1 and Meguiars Hybrid Coating) that I am already topping off...

I guess I'm seeking some AG ebablers ;-/

evo77
07-12-2023, 10:34 AM
According to Megs, it was not designed nor tested on vinyl. Can't imagine its going to do anything spectacular in your case.

But its so cheap you could just try it yourself and report back here for others who have the same question.

Bri26
07-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Turtle Wax Wax & Dry is awesome stuff. I'm blown away by how much gloss it adds while not attracting any dust like some of the other options can do.

DFB
07-13-2023, 03:11 AM
I've used P&S Dream Maker and Wowo's Showstopper, both pure gloss enhancers, and I absolutely hated them.

They should be easy to apply, but I just find them smeary, no matter the application method or amount used. It would ok if that hard work offered something substantial to equation, but both simply disappear at the next wash.

I'd much rather use a simple quick detailer, easier to apply with similar gloss and slickness.

19cad61
07-15-2023, 02:49 AM
My absolute favorite quick detailer that adds gloss like no other and doesn't attract dust is Gyeon Quick Detailer. Particularly on single stage paint it really adds a wow factor. Another contributing factor is clean windows. Again, by Gyeon their glass cleaner is unbelievable.

Danube
07-15-2023, 03:11 AM
I don't believe the Megs Gloss Enhancer will work on vinyl.

It's designed for paint, not plastic.