PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Nano or Micro polish

killrflake
04-28-2008, 02:52 PM
I've noticed how most detailers that are using Menzerna products on this forum use the Nano (106ff) as a final step before sealent/wax even if the paint they are working on doesn't have hard CC. I'm wondering what the purpose of the Micro polish is if the Nano polish creates a finish thats ready for protection. The description of Micro lets you believe that its meant to be used prior to sealent or wax. Has anyone here tried both and come to a decision one way or another? Thanks for the help.

makdaddy626
04-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Nano is the newer formula designed for the ceramiclear cc... it works fine for most of the softer clear coats as well and cuts faster than Micro. For these reasons it's more versatile than micro.

Gary Sword
04-28-2008, 04:26 PM
On a scale of 1 to 5 Nano (106ff) has a rated cutting ability of 2.5. The cutting ability of the micro polishes are rated at 1.5 and 1. For light swirls I perfer to use the micro polishes. I always start out with a test spot to see if the polish is cutting it. If one of the Micro polishes does the job going to the more aggressive Nano polish is only going to take off more clear coat. The finish with the Micro polishes is exceptional.

ScottB
04-28-2008, 05:06 PM
106FF also finishes up so well, its better than alot of competitors final or finishing product. Why not save a step if possible.

killrflake
04-28-2008, 06:15 PM
On a scale of 1 to 5 Nano (106ff) has a rated cutting ability of 2.5. The cutting ability of the micro polishes are rated at 1.5 and 1. For light swirls I perfer to use the micro polishes. I always start out with a test spot to see if the polish is cutting it. If one of the Micro polishes does the job going to the more aggressive Nano polish is only going to take off more clear coat. The finish with the Micro polishes is exceptional.
Would you then recomend using the Micro polish with a white LLC smart pad
or like pad? Again, thanks for the advice.

Gary Sword
04-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Would you then recomend using the Micro polish with a white LLC smart pad
or like pad? Again, thanks for the advice.

I have not noticed any marring even when using an orange LC or orange Cobra pad with the micro polishes. The polishes work great with both the orange or white LC pads. The pad I would use depends on the swirls. Again I perfer to try a test spot with the least aggressive polish and pad combination and move to something more aggressive if needed. My goal is always to remove the swirls while removing the least amount of clear coat.

Dropkick Detail
04-28-2008, 10:51 PM
I have not noticed any marring even when using an orange LC or orange Cobra pad with the micro polishes. The polishes work great with both the orange or white LC pads. The pad I would use depends on the swirls. Again I perfer to try a test spot with the least aggressive polish and pad combination and move to something more aggressive if needed. My goal is always to remove the swirls while removing the least amount of clear coat.

:whs: My thoughts exactly. Posted on a different thread virtually the same idea earlier today. I love the Nano and LC orange. Its a combo I always end up at after my test spots