PDA

View Full Version : New ride!!

Jman136
06-22-2023, 07:15 PM
Hey guys,

Just picked up a 2023 Acura TLX Type S! I couldn't be more excited! I had full intentions of getting the Aspec model, until my wife insisted that I drive the Type S. At that point, it was all over with!

I do have a few questions.

1. I want to ceramic coat it. I haven't been keeping up with the latest and greatest products. What would you all recommend? This is a lease, so I don't need a 10 year durability coating. I want something relatively easy to apply that will provide a nice shine and good water beading.

2. What is the best product to remove salt stains after the winter season? I know that it's currently summer, but if I am going to place an order I might as well grab that product as well.

Klasse Act
06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
Congrats on the new ride!

IMO the best product to maintain thr salt during the winter is Bilt-Hamber Touchless or Auto-foam in an IK Foam Pro 12 before going into a touch-free wash or self service bay. I've been using it for the past 2 winters, well, year round actually but not necessary like winter usage and couldn't be happier with it!

Now I just got Nv Snow and Snow+ but can't speak about it at all but it's pretty strong stuff according to a well respected member here, DFB, so I'm looking forward to trying it out VERY soon!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

MisterSnoop
06-22-2023, 08:04 PM
AMMO Frothe Anti-Salt is another option to consider for winter.

Jman136
06-22-2023, 09:04 PM
AMMO Frothe Anti-Salt is another option to consider for winter.

I need something for the interior though. I really just need a good salt stain remover for the areas that my OEM rubber mats don't cover.

MisterSnoop
06-22-2023, 09:16 PM
I need something for the interior though. I really just need a good salt stain remover for the areas that my OEM rubber mats don't cover.

I've used this method on fabric floor mats. You could try that on fabric surfaces, maybe at a lower ratio.

Salt Stain Removal From Floor Mats - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L76eyDOgnUA)

I haven't found a need to do that since going to WeatherTechs though.

The Guz
06-22-2023, 10:46 PM
Congrats on the new car. The Type S is a good choice. Has a great look with good performance.

With regards to a coating, with it being a least you will not need a 5 or 10 year coating. These are coatings I would look into for application by yourself.

DIY Detail 3 Year Graphene - use my code MIKEGDIY for 10% Off
Gyeon Mohs Evo
Armour Detail Supply Quartz Coating - use LXZ-IYV5WFE for 10% off
Cquartz UK 3.0

Coatingsarecrack
06-23-2023, 02:07 AM
I haven't found a need to do that since going to WeatherTechs though.

This^^

A good all weather floormat that has better coverage.

Prefer the Husky exact contours. A softer material (more foam rubber vs plastic) that conforms better and doesn’t curl up.

They give a lot better coverage than OEM rubrrt ones.

I would probably do 3D max pider mats if I had to order again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PouncingPanzer
06-23-2023, 03:13 AM
Congrats! I like those cars A LOT! Amazing exterior styling BZ to the people responsible.

As for coatings, I am certainly not the guy to offer suggestions there. I'm a wax guy cause I be weird like that.

For combating salt? Bilt-Hambers pre-washes(either touchless or auto foam) will treat ya well. Amazing products.

For salt stains I would recommend getting some good all-weather floor mats, could always sell them after the lease is up. In the past I have used highly diluted distilled white vinegar to remove the stains.

Prange
06-23-2023, 06:14 AM
This^^

A good all weather floormat that has better coverage.

Prefer the Husky exact contours. A softer material (more foam rubber vs plastic) that conforms better and doesn’t curl up.

They give a lot better coverage than OEM rubrrt ones.

I would probably do 3D max pider mats if I had to order again.

I've had WeatherTech and Husky. I've been underwhelmed by the fit and scuff-resistance in both.

I switched over to 3D Max Spider 5 years ago and never looked back. They fit better and are much less industrial-looking. The 3D's also completely cover the dead-pedal area, the WeatherTech do not. The 3D's are thinner and I had to replace a driver's side after 5 years as the heel pad was worn.

I also had a problem with the WT's pulling away from the door sill. When I complained to WT, they told me that's impossible, (never mind the pics I sent them). They refused any assistance. I've two words for them, and they're not Good Morning.:)

Prange
06-23-2023, 06:18 AM
Hey guys,

Just picked up a 2023 Acura TLX Type S! I couldn't be more excited! I had full intentions of getting the Aspec model, until my wife insisted that I drive the Type S. At that point, it was all over with!

I do have a few questions.

1. I want to ceramic coat it. I haven't been keeping up with the latest and greatest products. What would you all recommend? This is a lease, so I don't need a 10 year durability coating. I want something relatively easy to apply that will provide a nice shine and good water beading.

2. What is the best product to remove salt stains after the winter season? I know that it's currently summer, but if I am going to place an order I might as well grab that product as well.

Love the car.

DanaDetailingPros
06-23-2023, 06:21 AM
Bilt Haber A-f or TL Like mentioned.
Car Pro Essence with Gloss Pad
Then Guz turned me on to Beasley's 45 also new gloss pad
No wipe!!!
Now you can choose your Musket:D

Klasse Act
06-23-2023, 06:29 AM
I've had WeatherTech and Husky. I've been underwhelmed by the fit and scuff-resistance in both.

I switched over to 3D Max Spider 5 years ago and never looked back. They fit better and are much less industrial-looking. The 3D's also completely cover the dead-pedal area, the WeatherTech do not. The 3D's are thinner and I had to replace a driver's side after 5 years as the heel pad was worn.

I also had a problem with the WT's pulling away from the door sill. When I complained to WT, they told me that's impossible, (never mind the pics I sent them). They refused any assistance. I've two words for them, and they're not Good Morning.:)My WT's do cover the dead pedal and your right about how they pull away. I'm wondering how their quality was before they expanded into the 3 GIGANTIC buildings they have now in Bolingbrook Illinois, you can't miss them from I-55[emoji779]️

I mean when your buying 76 million dollar Ferrari GTO's gotta cut corners somewhere[emoji848][emoji39][emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

MisterSnoop
06-23-2023, 07:27 AM
Yeah, mine pulled away as well. They do have the FloorLiner HP now, which seems like they may work better but they're not available for all vehicles.

WhiteShadow89
06-23-2023, 09:51 AM
First off congratulations on the new ride!

Regarding the coating it depends on what you want to get out of it and how long you want it to last. My top two choices from what you have given so far would be Gtechniq CSL + EXO or CarPro CQuartz UK 3.0. Gtechniq CSL + EXO is my favorite DIY pairing as the results are great and it is the most consistently easy to apply coating I have done of its scale. CQuartz will last 2-3 years were Gtechniq will last 3-5 pending environmental conditions and car care of course.

Whatever coating you do end up choosing make sure you have the means to prep the car properly, meaning: Buffer, pads, polish, compound, clay (synthetic pad or traditional clay), Iron spray, Shampoo and Panel Wipe/Eraser. The coating you end up choosing you want to make sure you are buying the proper products to maintain the coating with. You can have multiple coating safe products from different brands, but it is usually advisable to stay with in the company that makes your coating (CarPro coating, use CarPro products to care for it).

To help with your salt stain question. A good APC like Gtechniq W5 or Gtechniq I2 tri clean should work with an upholstry brush. Better yet, since you will need a buffer to prep your car properly before a coating you could get an upholstry brush head for the buffer and use that on a LOW speed to remove any stains easily. As others have stated, get quality floormats like Weather tech's and you won't have to worry.

Coatingsarecrack
06-23-2023, 12:56 PM

I also had a problem with the WT's pulling away from the door sill. When I complained to WT, they told me that's impossible, (never mind the pics I sent them). They refused any assistance. I've two words for them, and they're not Good Morning.:)

With the what you mentioned sounds like the husky’s you had were the WeatherBeaters.

Their Xact Contour line it’s an entirely different material. More rubber than plastic. Flexes and bends. Fits better.

Also no curling like the Weather techs or Husky’s weather beaters. Really like the material.

I love how the maxpiders look but complaints I read where thin and maybe cheap feeling. Still with how they look I’m going to give them a shot.