PDA

View Full Version : Meguairs Heavy Cut Cleaner M04

tenreasy
06-21-2023, 06:21 PM
I got Megs M04 Heavy Cut Cleaner to clean the windshield. What other things can I use it for? The label says it can remove swirls. I also have a bottle of Megs 105 Ultra-Cut compound. Is the 105 much more aggressive?

noorth
06-22-2023, 05:20 PM
105 is more aggressive just going by the labels.

dlc95
06-22-2023, 09:53 PM
M04 is very, very old technology, not really that great on clear coats. It will haze the daylights out of your paint if used on a d/a.

Like noorth said, M105 will cut and finish better. Even M105 could be considered a little "old". Still cuts and finishes great, quite a bit dusty

noorth
06-22-2023, 10:49 PM
M04 is very, very old technology, not really that great on clear coats. It will haze the daylights out of your paint if used on a d/a.

Like noorth said, M105 will cut and finish better. Even M105 could be considered a little "old". Still cuts and finishes great, quite a bit dusty

Try any new polishes lately? I have a bottle of essence coming, I have never used it before.

A few newer 1 step polishes lately, oberk sole and owner's pride compound. Which might be made by 3D looking at the bottle.

DUBL0WS6
06-23-2023, 03:33 PM
Meguiars has a couple Pro compounds at Harbor Freight.

DFB
06-24-2023, 04:02 AM
Try any new polishes lately? I have a bottle of essence coming, I have never used it before.

A few newer 1 step polishes lately, oberk sole and owner's pride compound. Which might be made by 3D looking at the bottle.

Essence is a joy to use, no dusting with a supremely easy wipe off.

dlc95
06-24-2023, 08:02 AM

I had it, but it was the only one of the carpro polishes I never tested.

I can't say I've tried anything new.

I've actually been using Meguiar's a lot lately. Optimum, Jescar, and Meguiar's are the ones I've been using lately.

I've calmed a lot on the 3D a bit. Great stuff, but I just get bor3d once in a while. Meguiar's was all I used for YEARS, and I'm very comfortable with then.

The Jescar line is coming back too. I love the Correcting Compound.

I found that 3D ACA never seemed to cut even as hard as Meguiar's Ultimate Compoumd. M110 and Jescar CC always out performed it. I have the Optimum Hyper Compound but I hate the amount of marring it left. I just got the new version and am excited to see how it does.

I was considering trying the Oberk line though. Seems like quality stuff. I may even get Sonax again. I really liked the Ultimate Cut or Ultra Cut, whatever it was called NP 03 03-06 was an awesome finishing polish too.