PDA

View Full Version : Minimum Effort, Maximum Effect?

sirrealist
06-18-2023, 06:12 PM
Aloha All!

I do not enjoy washing cars, unfortunately. I find it to be more a chore I have to get done than something I want to do. It's the contact part that I do not enjoy. I have a lot of back pain and pretty bad GERD. I just bought a new car and I really want to take proper care of it. I just got it detailed and some protections put on from Ceramic Pro: KAVACA tint, KAVACA PPF on the front end and Ultimate ION coating.

The idea behind getting the ceramic coating was to hopefully reduce the amount of effort/time it takes to properly care for my car. Since I've put a fair amount of $ into it now, I am willing to do the work to do it right, but I do want to do the minimum necessary for this. In other words, I am not an enthusiast who just wants to do it for fun, I want to do it right, but nothing that isn't important.

I was looking for info on how to do it right and so far the video I like best is this one. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Koj5j2Es5U) I already have a blower, pressure cleaner (1600 psi) and buckets with grit guards. I'd need to buy the pump sprayer, foam cannon and chemicals. I've broken down the video into what I see as (10) steps to do a proper cleaning. I also didn't want to buy a bunch of different chemicals from different sites/manufacturers, so I did more research and it seems like I can get everything from CARPRO. Below I've listed the steps, application methods and the CARPRO product (along with others he mentions for comparison, to verify I have the correct CARPRO product).

My hope is to be able to do a contactless wash most of the time. If/when it gets really first, I can use a 2 bucket method to do the wash (step 6) when it's necessary, but I otherwise want to keep it as quick/effortless as possible. I'll also get 4 separate bottles with caps for the foam cannon so I can easily switch chemicals and rinse. What do you all think? Do I have the right CARPRO products for each step?

1) Prerinse & Rinse
Use Goizper iK Multi PRO 2 Pump Sprayer to apply:
CARPRO ECH20 (1:200 dilution)
Optimum No Rise

2) Wheels & Tires: Clean & Rinse
Use MTM Hydro PF22.2 foam cannon to apply:
CARPRO MultiX (1:10 dilution)
P&S - Break Buster

3) Paint: Prewash & Rinse
CARPRO Lift (1:10 dilution)
Adam's Mega Foam

4) Paint: Wash & Rinse
CARPRO Reset (1:9 dilution)
Gyeon Restart Wash

5) Paint/Glass/Wheels: Protection & Drying Aid
CARPRO HydrO2 Foam (1:9 dilution)
P&S Bead Maker

6) Dry
Leaf blower

7) Glass
Use microfiber cloth to apply:
CARPRO Clarify
Stoner Invisible Glass

8) Tire Shine & Protection
Use Adam's Hex Grip Pro Applicator to apply:
CARPRO DarkSide or Perl
Chemical Guys VRP

9) Interior: Clean & Protect
Use microfiber cloth to apply:
CARPRO InnerQD
Adam's Interior Detailer

SNP209
06-18-2023, 09:44 PM
How often do you expect to wash your vehicle? Is the vehicle garage kept or does it sit outside?

Coatingsarecrack
06-18-2023, 10:00 PM
I don’t know about you but if I go through a touch free wash my car does not come out clean enough to my liking. Nothing touchless by hand is going to work better than a touchless drive through.

Unless slightly dusty and done 3 to 4 times every couple of weeks…..touch free is just not a thing spent a lot of time down that rabbit hole.

Closest I’ve come is Bilt Hamber AutoFoam. Gets it 80-85%. clean but is a high PH wash. 13-14.

Using this all the time for a touchless wash will shorten life of coatings.

If you wanna go this route just expect to recoat around a year or two. About time swirls will build up and repolish anyways.

Oh also I would ditch Multi X for Bilt Hamber AutoFoam or Touch-less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noorth
06-18-2023, 10:12 PM
If you want an easier way to clean a car just use a rinseless, 1 bucket and a rinseless sponge.

If the car is relatively dirty do some kind of pre-wash - Pressure washer or hose, pre-treat with an APC or similar etc

It's pretty relaxing and simple.

2. I wouldn't waste multix in a foam cannon for wheels personally. Just use a regular pump sprayer or something cut 1:9.

One more thing that's a lot of chemicals and steps! I would be bored silly haha

opie
06-19-2023, 05:18 AM
Agree with crack, touchless is ok for in between weekly/bi weekly maintance washes. If thats all you are going to do then you just wasted your money on that coating.

Ive recently seen it first hand with a friends truck.

Using a blower to dry works, but in my experience it will just lead to a buildup of mineral deposits because it is unable to remove all the water b4 it drys.

Thats why i started and continue to do rinseless washes.

Keep it simple no need for a million different products.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk