PDA

View Full Version : Best Panel wipe

Pages : [1] 2

Eldorado2k
06-15-2023, 12:08 PM
What’s the consensus when it comes to panel wipe? Is there 1 that stands out above the rest? I currently have Blackfire Paint Prep and Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Prep Spray, but they leave me wondering if there’s better stuff available.

I want opinions.

Rsurfer
06-15-2023, 12:56 PM
What’s the consensus when it comes to panel wipe? Is there 1 that stands out above the rest? I currently have Blackfire Paint Prep and Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Prep Spray, but they leave me wondering if there’s better stuff available.

I want opinions.

Nothing cleans better than alcohol and some clean edgeless mf towels. I also use Eraser because of the smell and how smooth it wipes off.

Kappy
06-15-2023, 01:04 PM
Paint Preparation Product Shootout (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/132209-paint-preparation-product-shootout.html)

PaulMys
06-15-2023, 04:25 PM
Budweiser.

:laughing::laughing:

Tasmania
06-16-2023, 02:23 AM
Budweiser.

:laughing::laughing:

Water based lube

:kiss:

DanaDetailingPros
06-16-2023, 02:39 AM
Honestly I feel Panel wipe is alot like buying Iron remover. You know you need it and $ dictates allot when it comes to products. I always look at what has the best reviews for price. If I was to buy a gallon at this time it would have to be Optimum Paint Prep 128 oz $35
I have Angelwax Stripped-Ease and I really like it! Also smells like bubblicious! 500ML $19

Coatingsarecrack
06-16-2023, 04:32 AM
I have the Blackfire, Eraser and Prep. The all seem to work well but prep and Eraser for the win just due to there smells.

Blackfire doesn’t smell bad. Bubblegum? Just the other two smell great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MisterSnoop
06-16-2023, 09:11 AM
Yeah, I don't typically put much weight into smell but I do notice how good Eraser smells every time I use it.

PouncingPanzer
06-16-2023, 09:57 AM
I like Eraser as a panel wipe and an interior glass cleaner. It works really well on glass.

crg001
06-16-2023, 10:02 AM
I'm on my second gallon of Meguiar's M122 Surface Prep and honestly for the price it can't be beat. I feel it has much better cleaning power than an IPA based prep as it is acidic per its SDS. It wipes away polish residue with ease and really has some good degreasing power. It smells funky though, sort of vinegar-like, but you get used to it. Nothing like Eraser where you almost want to drink it and bathe in it, haha. Highly recommend giving it a try if you haven't yet.

DanaDetailingPros
06-16-2023, 10:08 AM
I have the Blackfire, Eraser and Prep. The all seem to work well but prep and Eraser for the win just due to there smells.

Blackfire doesn’t smell bad. Bubblegum? Just the other two smell great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who ships Eraser to you? If I remember correctly Autopia's wouldn't ship nor DI

Karl_in_Chicago
06-16-2023, 11:20 AM
Who ships Eraser to you? If I remember correctly Autopia's wouldn't ship nor DI

Just a data point - I bought (among many others things) some CarPro Eraser from DI earlier this year.

Texchappy
06-16-2023, 11:20 AM
If I am doing a coating (which is when I use panel wipe), I tend to use the matching brand just to be safe.

Desertnate
06-16-2023, 11:25 AM
I've used Blackfire (a long time ago), Eraser, and Gyeon Prep. They are all pretty similar. I typically just go with Eraser since it's often a bit cheaper and I think it cuts through polishing oils a bit better than Prep, though prep might be a little slicker to help fight marring while doing the wipe down...although that's never been a problem for me.

evo77
06-16-2023, 11:50 AM
There is no such thing as "best".

I've personally used:

- isopropyl alcohol/water mix
- Meguiar's M122 Surface Prep
- Gyeon Prep

Performance wise, there is no discernible difference. They all do the same job. As of late, I choose Gyeon Prep simply because of its scent (I love it). And when I'm working with something that smells good, the vibes are good and it makes the job less of a chore.