PDA

View Full Version : New car, need suggestions

t-bone
04-28-2008, 06:53 AM
Well after a couple of months shopping around I finally picked up a new car. Its a 2008 Ford Fusion redfire in color. It has light swirling from the dealership and my question is would XMT 360 or Poli-seal be enough with my PC and a blue or green edge pad to clean these up or do I need a dedicated polish? I plan to use collinite as my LSP. I have a rotary with the system one stuff but I don't think I am comfortable using the rotary on a new car yet. I know the obvious answer is to try and see what works but I was hoping someone might has some experience with this. Also would you think I would need to clay it? Thanks guys.

t-bone
04-30-2008, 05:37 AM
Anybody??

Tragu
04-30-2008, 07:17 AM
I think that you are correct to go with the 360 first but it will take a little longer than the rotary but it will do fine. If the 360 isnt enough I would use a stronger polish and the DA not the rotary on a new paint job.

t-bone
04-30-2008, 07:23 AM
I am hoping that 360 will be enough. I have read on the debate on whether or not it fills and I think a coupe of people did a alcohol wipe and showed that it did not. I hope to get it cleaned up this weekend and take some pics.

Tragu
04-30-2008, 08:06 AM
I think it has some light fillers but that wont be bad for the paint.