PDA

View Full Version : MOHS Application Fail - Please help salvage this coating! (Bottle ran empty!)

Bornin1992
06-11-2023, 10:13 PM
Hello!

Today I applied MOHS EVO to my Toyota Corolla in Celestite. Everything was working well until I realized the bottle was empty.

By the time I realized it was empty, I had completed most of the vehicle, but there are still some parts left to do. I ran the applicator over the remaining spots (after dabbing out as much as possible from the bottle), but there was no beading.

What can I do to salvage this coating? There are no local retailers to acquire a new bottle, and the quickest I could get one is Wednesday. Currently, the vehicle is parked in a garage, and I can find alternative transportation until a new bottle arrives (if that is even a viable option)

Please help!

Thanks!

The Guz
06-11-2023, 10:19 PM
The simple answer is buy a new bottle. Surprised you ran out coating such a small vehicle.

Bornin1992
06-11-2023, 10:46 PM
The simple answer is buy a new bottle. Surprised you ran out coating such a small vehicle.

As am I. I obviously used too much. HaHa. Will it have difficulties bonding over the parts where I ran the (rather dry) applicator? Do I just do another Gyeon Prep wipe before or anything else I need to prepare the surface?

Flash Gordon
06-11-2023, 10:57 PM
Hello!

Today I applied MOHS EVO to my Toyota Corolla in Celestite. Everything was working well until I realized the bottle was empty.

By the time I realized it was empty, I had completed most of the vehicle, but there are still some parts left to do. I ran the applicator over the remaining spots (after dabbing out as much as possible from the bottle), but there was no beading.

What can I do to salvage this coating? There are no local retailers to acquire a new bottle, and the quickest I could get one is Wednesday. Currently, the vehicle is parked in a garage, and I can find alternative transportation until a new bottle arrives (if that is even a viable option)

Please help!

Thanks!

What do you mean by "no beading"?

As am I. I obviously used too much. HaHa. Will it have difficulties bonding over the parts where I ran the (rather dry) applicator? Do I just do another Gyeon Prep wipe before or anything else I need to prepare the surface?

You'll be fine. Try not to get the car real dirty between now and Wednesday. When you're ready wash the vehicle using nothing but water. I wouldn't bother with panel prep if you've done that already

Bornin1992
06-11-2023, 11:52 PM
What do you mean by "no beading"?
Sorry, I meant to say "no sweating", which is the effect MOHS gives as an indicator it is ready to be removed.

When you're ready wash the vehicle using nothing but water. I wouldn't bother with panel prep if you've done that already

I am going to leave it in the garage, and I expect there to be only a miniscule level of settled dust. Perhaps I am overthinking it, but would it be sufficient to soak microfiber cloths in distilled water, wipe the surface of the vehicle, and dry with another microfiber cloth? Also, should I do a second coat on the entire vehicle or only those few parts where I was unable to do properly due to lack of coating?

Danube
06-12-2023, 06:55 AM
Hopefully the application of the product DIDN'T FAIL, RATHER You run out of the product..

opie
06-12-2023, 07:16 AM
I am going to leave it in the garage, and I expect there to be only a miniscule level of settled dust. Perhaps I am overthinking it, but would it be sufficient to soak microfiber cloths in distilled water, wipe the surface of the vehicle, and dry with another microfiber cloth? Also, should I do a second coat on the entire vehicle or only those few parts where I was unable to do properly due to lack of coating?

Dont waste time on a second coat.

If you are leaving in the garage until the next bottle comes in and it doesnt get dirty..just a "little dusty".i would feel sade in just doing a wipe.down with whatever panel. Prep you are using then coat areas needed

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Desertnate
06-12-2023, 07:59 AM
Sorry, I meant to say "no sweating", which is the effect MOHS gives as an indicator it is ready to be removed.

Are you talking about the areas you ran the applicator as you tried to make the coating spread as far as possible? My guess is when there is very little product on the surface it won't sweat.

I agree on the amount of product applied. Even though the coating does go on thicker than others, a car the size of a Corolla should take around 15~20mL.