PDA

View Full Version : Micro-Restore V.S. DP Microfiber cleaner.

Pages : [1] 2

supercharged
04-27-2008, 04:15 AM
I'm running low on microfiber wash, I'm almost out of Micro-Restore and have a few ounces of Pinnacle Micro-Rejuvenator left. I don't want to get Pinnacle, as I noticed Micro-Restore can do the same job and cost nearly half. I've noticed a new Microfiber cleaner that AG now has. Has anyone tried it yet? How is it compared to Micro-Restore? Scent, cleaning ability? I wanna get a gallon, and haven't decided what to get, Micro-restore or DP. And please don' recommend me Chemical Guys microfiber wash. It also costs $25 a gallon+tax (I live in California, and they located in California too)+ their enormous shipping rates (they almost charge you next day air shipping rate on your orders, while your order doesn't arrive 'till like 3 weeks later, forget it).

TIA.

ScottB
04-27-2008, 08:21 AM
It was released about a week ago, unfortunately I did not get a beta version. I hope to use it soon ...

Jimmie
04-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Curious about how good the new DP MF cleaner is too. I'm a fan of Micro-Restore but the scent can be improved.

supercharged
04-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Curious about how good the new DP MF cleaner is too. I'm a fan of Micro-Restore but the scent can be improved.
That's what I'm wondering about...Maybe it has the same pleasant scent as DP Engine Degreaser...Im the MAN

wytstang
04-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Have you tried using a laundry (liquid) detergent with no dye or scent? Tide or ALL or even Woolite. I use woolite and it does a good job cleaning.

Boxster Brian
04-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Hello,

I too use Woolite and it works great.

supercharged
04-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Have you tried using a laundry (liquid) detergent with no dye or scent? Tide or ALL or even Woolite. I use woolite and it does a good job cleaning.
no, never tried that...hmmmm....

Al-53
04-27-2008, 06:47 PM
I have found that a good detergent cleans as good or better than the MF stuff..I have both..and the last batch I did I used Tide Free in one load and MF restore in the other..on Grime towels...and the Tide got them cleaner and both were just as soft as the other....but the MF restore ones still were slightly soiled...The new HE laundry soaps are more concentrated and low suds and cleaner rinsing...so to me its a no brainer to use the Tide Free HE ....

If it can clean my dirty work clothes..it can clean my MF towels...

AL

Surfer
04-27-2008, 06:52 PM
I've used Liquid Tide Free for years, works great with micros, but I was also looking at that new DP stuff. But I'll pry stick with Liquid Tide Free, I know awhile ago somebody did a test with a few micro cleaners and dirty towels, Tide Liquid Free worked best.

makdaddy626
04-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Hmmmm, my experience has been a little different than some have posted. I've been using Tide Free and/or Woolite for a while and started to notice that my towels were becoming less and less absorbent (after about 6 - 12 months of use) and decided to try the micro restore as I felt it was probably due to wax (and other type) build-up. Just tried Micro Restore this weekend and towels seem to be a lot softer feeling and more absorbent... just my experience...

supercharged
04-28-2008, 09:16 AM
I have found that a good detergent cleans as good or better than the MF stuff..I have both..and the last batch I did I used Tide Free in one load and MF restore in the other..on Grime towels...and the Tide got them cleaner and both were just as soft as the other....but the MF restore ones still were slightly soiled...The new HE laundry soaps are more concentrated and low suds and cleaner rinsing...so to me its a no brainer to use the Tide Free HE ....

If it can clean my dirty work clothes..it can clean my MF towels...

AL
So you reccommend Tide without any scents to it, right???

YankeeFan
04-28-2008, 09:29 AM
I thought I saw a post once that sugggested the use of a combination of detergent and white vinegar? But, of course, I can't find it now........

Howard

wytstang
04-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Vinegar during the rinse cycle I believe helps clean them and make them all soft and fluffy like.

Al-53
04-28-2008, 03:45 PM
So you reccommend Tide without any scents to it, right???

yes..Tide Free or Wisk Free Clear..both will cut any wax on the fiber...they have no color or perfumes...they clean heavy grease no problem

AL

AL417
04-29-2008, 07:37 AM
I use Pinnacle on my mfs. I tried using Woolite and Tide and found that while the mfs were clean they started pilling and seemed less absorbant to me.