PDA

View Full Version : One step polish pad that finishes well with 3D One?

Slick-Rides
05-13-2023, 10:27 PM
I just picked up some 3D One and Uro Fiber 50/50 pads to try as a one step polish. If the Uro Fiber pads don't finish well enough on a certain paint, what would be another choice that will finish better? I'm not a detailer, so trying to limit my pad and polish selection to just a couple. Using Griot's G9 polisher. Cars are babied "toys" so a yearly light polish is usually all that's needed.

Rsurfer
05-14-2023, 12:07 AM
Rupes yellow.

noorth
05-14-2023, 12:10 AM
Rupes yellow is a very nice pad but personally for your machine i would probably go with the lake country orange SDO/CCS.

I'd rather the slightly extra plushness of the SDO/HDO lake country pads.

And contrary to what a lot of people have heard, rupes machines are not market leading in power. So they like slightly thinner pads for their machines.

Slick-Rides
05-14-2023, 09:38 AM
Is the SDO orange similar to the old flat CCS white pads? I have/used the white flat pads, but they are 6" and I need 5" now.

noorth
05-14-2023, 04:06 PM
I'm not overly familiar with the original flat pads. But lake country have tried to reduce the amount of different pads the last number of years. The SDO line is very straight forward - foam heavy polishing pad, orange polishing and black finishing. Along with a few different microfiber pads. That's it.

For a 1 step you would want the blue SDO for heavy polishing and/or the orange SDO for polishing using 3D one.

On harder paint with some moderates defects blue might be the better option but orange is the safer bet.

LC makes both 5 and 6 inch.

DanaDetailingPros
05-14-2023, 05:04 PM
Rupes yellow is a very nice pad but personally for your machine i would probably go with the lake country orange SDO/CCS.

I'd rather the slightly extra plushness of the SDO/HDO lake country pads.

And contrary to what a lot of people have heard, rupes machines are not market leading in power. So they like slightly thinner pads for their machines.

Not sure Noorth what you mean?

noorth
05-14-2023, 05:26 PM
I just mean the rupes machines are not class leading in power so technically they might not run the thicker pads so easily.

It was out of left field i guess lol I just see so many silly comments on facebook about the rupes machines and how they are powerful....they are not overly powerful machines. Many would say they are under powered.

PaulMys
05-15-2023, 04:11 PM
I just mean the rupes machines are not class leading in power so technically they might not run the thicker pads so easily.

It was out of left field i guess lol I just see so many silly comments on facebook about the rupes machines and how they are powerful....they are not overly powerful machines. Many would say they are under powered.

Especially when they quit working for no reason.........:laughing::laughing: