PDA

View Full Version : Mytee extractor questions

Juztang
07-20-2006, 10:04 PM
I'm getting ready to purchase a Mytee Light II heated extractor. Is anyone else using one of these? Right now I do a lot of detailing part-time and eventually going to start a mobile detailing business. It looks like the Mytee light is just what I need right now.

What carpet shampoo is recommended? Could I use an APC instead since it has hot water? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

gator1
07-21-2006, 04:13 PM
I USE THE MYTEE 11 GAL UNIT AND IT WORKS GREAT ,BUT IT IS LITTEL TO BIG TO TAKE IN AND OUT OF MY TRAILER. I LIKE THE MACHINE BUT SOME TIMES FOR SMALL JOBS I WHISED I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A LITE. The mytee line is great i spent 4 mo reserching till i bought mine (GOOD LUCK)

joe.p
07-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Why are you SHOUTING ;) !!
you left your caps lock on..:)

gator1
07-21-2006, 06:09 PM
sorry i was looking at the news and typing at the same time !!!

ScottB
07-21-2006, 06:14 PM
sorry i was looking at the news and typing at the same time !!!

multi-talented :cheers:

Juztang
07-23-2006, 09:27 AM
What is the best shampoo to use with it? Or can you just spray with an APC and then extract it?

justin_murphy
07-23-2006, 09:50 AM
I personally don't like to use soap in my extractor (Duramaid). I just use it to rinse the carpet area. I pre soak with a Woolite mix (6:1), agitate with a brush and let sit for 15. I then extract with hot, clean water till gone.
Same theory as taking a shower. You wouldn't lather up with soap and jump out and dry off right? You'd rinse first. Same process here. If you don't, you'll get hazing and a crusty residue that will appear days later. Not good.

Juztang
07-23-2006, 10:14 AM
How do you like your durmaid? What does that run?

justin_murphy
07-23-2006, 10:54 AM
I got mine for about 600.
The only thing is is that you have to let it heat up for 15 min. where as the Mytee has an inline heater. I like the Duramaid because of it's size and strenth. Sometimes I don't even need it to heat up. I really don't do alot of interior shampooing. I've found that doing spots with a MF can do alot.