PDA

View Full Version : Thickest foam cannon soap

Pages : [1] 2

dieselfan1
05-01-2023, 08:49 PM
I'm looking for shaving cream like suds.
What is the thickest, most clingy suds available.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Uncbrs
05-01-2023, 08:57 PM
DIY Detail Incredible Suds

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Big Dave
05-01-2023, 08:59 PM
I've used Bowden's Snow Job, Carpro Lift, and NV Snow, of those I've found NV Snow to be closest to what you're after. I don't know if it's available over there though.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230502/3bb6d731e0f84c9d319f0c591f1c3de6.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

SNP209
05-02-2023, 02:34 AM
Thick clingy foam is very appealing to the eye, but a thinner runnier foam serves more of a purpose since it is able to run down the panel and bring the dirt with it. I use a hybrid approach where the first pass with the cannon is runnier and then the second pass is thicker.

Soap of choice for me in a cannon or a bucket is meguiar's hyper wash. Foams up very nicely and actually has some cleaning power. From my experience, it is strong enough to unclog coatings yet safe enough to use on cars that have waxes/traditional sealants. Also it rinses off very easily. Really underrated soap. Only thing I don't like about it is that its thick like syrup so it requires slightly more effort to mix it thoroughly in the foam cannon.

Here is a video of the hyper wash's foam compared to a product that is specifically engineered to foam (honeydew snow foam). Hyper wash is at the 1:00 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V72zsDKqgAc

Coatingsarecrack
05-02-2023, 03:04 AM
Chemical Guys Honeydew. Thickest clingyest foam I could produce with my set up.

Cleaning power is non existent. If your looking to impress the neighbors though this is your guy.

If your looking for best cleaning power, good foam, Griots Surface wash for something that is PH neutral.

Best cleaning but no foam party Bilt Hamber AutoFoam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFB
05-02-2023, 05:35 AM
Gyeon Bathe (the original one)

DIY Incredible Suds

Ethos Foam Party

Wowo's Detailer Shampoo

PouncingPanzer
05-02-2023, 07:12 AM
Carpro Lift is like shaving cream, but keep in mind the foam running down the panel and not sticking like glue cleans better. I prefer Bilt Hamber Touchless as it is slimy and runs off the panel after a couple minutes, and with it all the loose debris and dust.

Hyperwash can be like shaving cream too which may be a good thing for the primary wash as soap on the panel is what you want. With a prewash however I prefer the slime.

Optimus Grime
05-02-2023, 12:27 PM
Carpro Lift is like shaving cream, but keep in mind the foam running down the panel and not sticking like glue cleans better. I prefer Bilt Hamber Touchless as it is slimy and runs off the panel after a couple minutes, and with it all the loose debris and dust.

Hyperwash can be like shaving cream too which may be a good thing for the primary wash as soap on the panel is what you want. With a prewash however I prefer the slime.

This right here. The foam is pretty but I prefer Touchless or Auto Foam. It's more runny but it carries the dirt away with the run-off better than any high foaming soap I've used. I prefer function over form.

Bosko
05-02-2023, 01:15 PM
Mega foam/thread

PouncingPanzer
05-03-2023, 11:02 AM
Mega foam/thread

Smells like cough syrup.

PA DETAILER
05-03-2023, 11:42 AM
Not in a cannon but foam gun, I found the 2 listed really foamy.

1. WAX SHOP Cherry snow foam
2. TWHS Pro pure wash.

The TWHS is all I use now.

dieselfan1
05-03-2023, 03:23 PM
I understand the runnier , the more dirt will come off part but I want the neighbors to oooo and ahhhhh when I do it.[emoji1]
Seriously though I usually run it through the touchless then come home and hit it with the cannon and finish the job. So the majority of the road grime is gone.

SNP209
05-03-2023, 07:24 PM
I understand the runnier , the more dirt will come off part but I want the neighbors to oooo and ahhhhh when I do it.[emoji1]
Seriously though I usually run it through the touchless then come home and hit it with the cannon and finish the job. So the majority of the road grime is gone.

Whats your pressure washer/foam cannon setup? That will play a role in foam thickness as well.

kantonburg
05-03-2023, 08:08 PM
Whats your pressure washer/foam cannon setup? That will play a role in foam thickness as well.

Yep. That can play into foam as much as the soap. Orifice in the cannon (1.1 for electric for those that don't know).

Coatingsarecrack
05-03-2023, 08:13 PM

What’s left wasn’t removed by the touchless so most likely foaming after and rinsing won’t do the job. I’d hit it with a waterless/rinseless product with a MF towel.

For the neighbors Chemical guys HoneyDew. Some manufacturers even have colored foam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk