PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with the Auto fordge site. I still don't see everyone?

DanaDetailingPros
04-28-2023, 03:14 AM
I did message Mike and he replied back in hours. I was curious about the 6mm flex PXE Orbit. He said soon!
I still do not have privileges to post or answer so I'm kind of in the dark on the whole site being a new place to hang.

Any info guys?

Klasse Act
04-28-2023, 04:32 AM
I registered and in a couple days I was approved. I'm staying here till if/when this forum goes away. I wish AF was in forum format but atleast we've got something incase this goes away[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Paul A.
04-28-2023, 12:18 PM
I'm doing same as KA.

Brrr
04-28-2023, 02:47 PM
I just checked that website out. While they have stuff, doesn’t seem like they have a lot of variety. That was just at a glance though.

I’m going to download the entirety of these forums and Autopia next week and just update the save file periodically.

I also thought about just starting a car detailing forums, non-profit, in case this one goes down. With the way MP has been hopping companies the past couple of years, I don’t see auto forge being a mainstay if he leaves there too. Maybe though. I don’t know their contract nor business plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Silly Rabbit
04-28-2023, 03:50 PM
This time, I think the forum is his. So if he parts ways it will stay up as is, maybe change background colors... lol

craigdt
04-28-2023, 05:47 PM
I just checked that website out. While they have stuff, doesn’t seem like they have a lot of variety. That was just at a glance though.

I’m going to download the entirety of these forums and Autopia next week and just update the save file periodically.

I also thought about just starting a car detailing forums, non-profit, in case this one goes down. With the way MP has been hopping companies the past couple of years, I don’t see auto forge being a mainstay if he leaves there too. Maybe though. I don’t know their contract nor business plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

How do you download the forum contents without triggering issues?

I got my account banned on kydexpro because I was using a tool to download the forum and it triggered some account issues or something.

Brrr
04-28-2023, 06:04 PM
How do you download the forum contents without triggering issues?

I got my account banned on kydexpro because I was using a tool to download the forum and it triggered some account issues or something.

I’m gonna try with HTTrack Website Copier - Free Software Offline Browser (GNU GPL) (http://httrack.com) first and go from there.

Danube
04-28-2023, 11:03 PM
I'm back to this site after a few years of absence, it seems there is no much traffic here anymore.

What happened ?

Klasse Act
04-29-2023, 05:37 AM
I'm back to this site after a few years of absence, it seems there is no much traffic here anymore.

What happened ?That's what I'd like to know[emoji848] I have ideas but if they're true it's lame!

392hemi
04-29-2023, 10:56 AM

What happened ?

Mike Phillips left AG, which I'm sure used to bring a lot of traffic.

I'm on here and Autopia, I think there has been such a lack of innovation really since ceramic Coatings that there haven't been much groundbreaking products. Coupled with some spray and wipe off products lasting almost a year LOL it's kind of just been stagnant.

VISITOR
04-29-2023, 07:43 PM

nick just barely started it and i'm sure they will be adding more inventory as time goes on/as we speak. they already carry some brands/things that other online car care retailers don't...

dlc95
04-29-2023, 07:47 PM

What happened ?

It could be the proliferation of Facebook groups, YouTube channels, Instagram and Tictock.

Klasse Act
04-29-2023, 08:25 PM
It could be the proliferation of Facebook groups, YouTube channels, Instagram and Tictock.I'm not on FB and even asked 2 of my best friends to try and explain to me why it's better than a forum and I'm sure they tried but I just couldn't grasp what they were saying[emoji39]

YouTube channels are great because you visually see AND hear what's being said, should compliment and aid a forum IMO.

InstaToc and TicGram I just don't get, the forum has all you need, no sense of reinventing the wheel[emoji848]

MisterSnoop
04-29-2023, 08:49 PM
I'm not on FB and even asked 2 of my best friends to try and explain to me why it's better than a forum and I'm sure they tried but I just couldn't grasp what they were saying[emoji39]

The plus to FB is that you don't have to have a company hosting the forum. Tapatalk does close the gap in usability between forums and FB.