PDA

View Full Version : What’s the best APC or the like to clean exterior plastics like bed rail caps? I have spotting it seems and some deep dirt left

MrOneEyedBoh
04-25-2023, 04:35 AM
So I’m going to do a deep detail here soon and on my last truck wash I noticed that I have what seems to be water spotting or spots left by water and pollen mix. I also have some dirt stuck in the plastics low spots that doesn’t want to come out. I used D101 @ 4:1 and it did a decent job but I’m afraid of going stronger since there are many reports of D101 ruining plastics at higher dilutions. Thoughts?

Klasse Act
04-25-2023, 05:04 AM
Try Bilt-Hamber Surfex[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

DFB
04-25-2023, 05:22 AM
If you can find some, Meguiar's M39 is great for this situation.

Also look at Nextzett "Plastikreiniger".

MrOneEyedBoh
04-25-2023, 10:42 AM
If you can find some, Meguiar's M39 is great for this situation.

Also look at Nextzett "Plastikreiniger".

I actually have some that I never used…. Thanks! So it’ll work on the textured exterior plastics?

briarpatch
04-25-2023, 11:32 AM
So I’m going to do a deep detail here soon and on my last truck wash I noticed that I have what seems to be water spotting or spots left by water and pollen mix. I also have some dirt stuck in the plastics low spots that doesn’t want to come out. I used D101 @ 4:1 and it did a decent job but I’m afraid of going stronger since there are many reports of D101 ruining plastics at higher dilutions. Thoughts?

APC's staining plastics typically happens when all of it is not wiped off promptly. I've used Bilt Hamber Surfex HD at 10:1......I've also used CarPro Eraser. The Surfex I foamed on....agitated with a medium brush...and rinsed thoroughly

VISITOR
04-25-2023, 04:21 PM
i've been using the new GG citrus APC on many surfaces (tires mainly) and it has worked well with no negative effects. with any APC/chemical, test a small area fiirst and see what kind of results you get before moving on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jckFgRJzvIQ

very economical at three dilution levels 20:1, 10:1, and 4:1 (or anything else within those dilution levels)..

DFB
04-26-2023, 02:46 AM
I actually have some that I never used…. Thanks! So it’ll work on the textured exterior plastics?

Can certainly be used on textured black plastics.

Klasse Act
04-26-2023, 05:09 AM
i've been using the new GG citrus APC on many surfaces (tires mainly) and it has worked well with no negative effects. with any APC/chemical, test a small area fiirst and see what kind of results you get before moving on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jckFgRJzvIQ

very economical at three dilution levels 20:1, 10:1, and 4:1 (or anything else within those dilution levels)..I'll be trying that next time I order something[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

crg001
04-26-2023, 10:14 AM
I use 3D Super Citrus APC for all exterior cleaning duties. It's insanely economical with its dilution ratios and packs a solid cleaning punch. I usually dilute it ~4oz to a gallon, and that's the "super strength" recommended dilution (32:1!). It's not a foaming APC I think because of the citrus solvent content, but it works just as good as anything else I've tried.

Desertnate
04-26-2023, 11:22 AM
I like Poorboys World APC. I don't remember the dilution, but I use what's on the bottle for "general use" like exterior bits and some interior areas. I also keep a small bottle at a higher dilution level for leather and upholstery. It works great on everything.

Depending on the texture of the plastic, you might need to use a soft toothbrush or similar to get after the grime and waterspots.

CleanIT
04-26-2023, 12:31 PM
Optimum Power Clean or BH Surfex are two great options.