PDA

View Full Version : Applying 2nd Wolfgang DGPS after driving vehicle - How to protect?

Bornin1992
04-23-2023, 10:32 AM
All,

Yesterday I did a paint correction on my 2022 Corolla in Black Sand Pearl. I did a two-stage with Meguiar's Ultimate Polish (could not find M205 locally in stock) and finished with Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Overall, I am satisfied with the results but would like to do a second coat of the sealant as I strongly suspect I missed some spots.

I planned on doing a second coat today, but it is raining, which means I likely will need to wait until tomorrow. I need my vehicle for work tomorrow, though. What should I do to ensure I am not undoing my work by adding scratches. While my commute is not on unpaved road, it is also not the cleanest!

2black1s
04-23-2023, 11:10 AM
All,

Yesterday I did a paint correction on my 2022 Corolla in Black Sand Pearl. I did a two-stage with Meguiar's Ultimate Polish (could not find M205 locally in stock) and finished with Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Overall, I am satisfied with the results but would like to do a second coat of the sealant as I strongly suspect I missed some spots.

I planned on doing a second coat today, but it is raining, which means I likely will need to wait until tomorrow. I need my vehicle for work tomorrow, though. What should I do to ensure I am not undoing my work by adding scratches. While my commute is not on unpaved road, it is also not the cleanest!

Don't worry about it! That would be my first advice. Driving the car for a day or two isn't going to undue the work you've already done. Just wash it, or clean it with a quick detailer, and then apply your second coat of the sealant.

My next comment is... Even though I've heard this more than once, I could never understand how anyone could "miss some spots" when waxing a car unless you're simply not paying attention to what you're doing.

Bornin1992
04-23-2023, 11:33 AM
My next comment is... Even though I've heard this more than once, I could never understand how anyone could "miss some spots" when waxing a car unless you're simply not paying attention to what you're doing.

Honestly, for me, I think it had a lot to do with stamina. After doing the paint correction and was at the final stage, I was ready to go home (I did it at work). I did it with a DA, and, while I think I ran it over every area, I think there parts where it was tilted because when I saw it haze, there were definitely a few areas where it was shiny.

noorth
04-23-2023, 01:12 PM
All,

Are you implying the dirty road will scratch your car without a sealant? That's how i read it.

Bornin1992
04-23-2023, 02:00 PM
Are you implying the dirty road will scratch your car without a sealant? That's how i read it.

There is sealant on the vehicle, but there are parts (I think) without coverage, thus I want to apply a second coat. My concern was more to do with possible contaminants from the dirty road that could lead to scratches when applying a second coat. But I think using a QD will be just fine and am not as worried.

noorth
04-23-2023, 02:07 PM
I would use regular car soap or a rinseless instead of a quick detailer personally.

Bill D
04-23-2023, 02:10 PM
I’d do it the right way and wash it thoroughly if you’re concerned about contamination

Coatingsarecrack
04-24-2023, 05:04 AM
Yeah I would repolish everything and try again….

Kidding! Just give it a good wash of your choice (rinsless/bucket) and apply second layer. You and the car will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulMys
04-24-2023, 04:17 PM
Don't drive yourself crazy by overthinking this.

Wash, dry, and re-apply.

:)