PDA

View Full Version : Cerakote ceramic sealant coating...

DUBL0WS6
04-23-2023, 09:13 AM
Cerakote is popping up at WalMart. Has anyone tried the sealant and what is your impression?

Bosko
04-23-2023, 12:41 PM
At the price point it makes for a fairly decent topper if anything else.....really easy on and off application.

kantonburg
04-23-2023, 01:51 PM
I used their headlight restore kit on our '05 Accord. It worked fantastic. I know IMJOSHV on YT visited their headquarters. They evidently create just about everything in house and even have their chemicals stored on site for distribution.

briarpatch
04-23-2023, 05:54 PM
The reviews I've seen about the ceramic were positive about ease of use, but durability was an issue.

CleanIT
08-22-2023, 11:10 AM
They're about to release a Can Coat type product.

Desertnate
08-22-2023, 12:36 PM
The reviews I've seen about the ceramic were positive about ease of use, but durability was an issue.

I could see that if their headlight coating is an indicator.

Cerakote makes the coating in the Griots headlight restoral kits. They claim it's "permanent", but I've found the headlights on my daughter's Fit are starting to yellow again and the coating is starting to flake off in places. It's been a year-ish since applied, so it's held up far longer than other sealants I've tried, but far from being "permanent".

Danube
08-22-2023, 09:37 PM
I could see that if their headlight coating is an indicator.

Cerakote makes the coating in the Griots headlight restoral kits. They claim it's "permanent", but I've found the headlights on my daughter's Fit are starting to yellow again and the coating is starting to flake off in places. It's been a year-ish since applied, so it's held up far longer than other sealants I've tried, but far from being "permanent".

I used the same headlights product. It was a good end result, but can not talk about durability, as I sold the car shortly after the application.

Prange
08-23-2023, 12:15 PM
Their firearm coatings are excellent.

CleanIT
08-23-2023, 12:16 PM
Cerakote clearly has the capability to make them domestically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CleanIT
10-30-2023, 10:04 PM
Professional Ceramic Paint Coat | Cerakote Ceramics (https://cerakoteceramics.com/pro-paint/)

Agent6er
11-01-2023, 09:06 PM
I have used their ceramic trim kit and it is fantastic. I recommend a knock down after a few minutes to even it out, but I have used it on two 2016 vehicles over a year ago and the trim still looks fantastic, dries easy with a blower.