PDA

View Full Version : Best retractable garden hose for washing cars ?

ssnobrakes
04-12-2023, 01:00 PM
I know this has probably been asked before, but which retractable
garden hose do you all recommend, or which ones to avoid ?
Thanks in advance.

Eldorado2k
04-12-2023, 01:12 PM
It’s not necessarily “retractable” but when it comes to coiling it back by hand, the Flexzilla is by far the lightest, most cooperative, and therefore the easiest normal style garden hose I’ve ever had to deal with. I have both the 50’ and 75’ foot garden hoses. That’s only if doing it by hand though as I don’t think they recommend using it with the hose retractors that you spin with a handle.

oneheadlite
04-12-2023, 09:19 PM
+1 for the flexzilla being super easy to work with.

. That’s only if doing it by hand though as I don’t think they recommend using it with the hose retractors that you spin with a handle.

Oops. Haven’t wrecked mine yet… (several years worth of hose reel winding)

If you have a structure or a detailing cart and you want a simple way to manage your hose, search the Gecko Toes hose holder. Bought one from Griot’s years ago and it’s been screwed into the block on the west side of my house. Works great, and it’ll never leak. :laughing:

Eldorado2k
04-12-2023, 09:34 PM
+1 for the flexzilla being super easy to work with.

Oops. Haven’t wrecked mine yet… (several years worth of hose reel winding)

I could be wrong… It’s been so long since I geeked out on garden hose research before buying Flexzilla, along with quality quick connects & hose nozzles. The good sign is that was years ago and I haven’t had to think about fixing or replacing the hoses since.[emoji41]

oneheadlite
04-12-2023, 09:50 PM
What did you go with for quick connects?

Eldorado2k
04-12-2023, 10:26 PM
What did you go with for quick connects?

I bought the 1st one here off AG. I believe it’s a Gilmore, which lead me to buy more Gilmore brass fittings locally. I really like their quality. Especially if you compare them to those cheap aluminum quick connects that are made to “look” like brass. You can buy them online for a fraction of the price.

I bought a set of 4 for cheap and the performance is like night & day. They’re basically worthless. Leaky sons of guns which totally defeats the purpose of even having them and even worse they can surprise you when you least expect it and come right off while you’re pointing the hose at a vehicle! Yikes! Lol.

As with most things, You get what you pay for. Made in USA for the win. Lol.

DanaDetailingPros
04-12-2023, 10:45 PM
It’s not necessarily “retractable” but when it comes to coiling it back by hand, the Flexzilla is by far the lightest, most cooperative, and therefore the easiest normal style garden hose I’ve ever had to deal with. I have both the 50’ and 75’ foot garden hoses. That’s only if doing it by hand though as I don’t think they recommend using it with the hose retractors that you spin with a handle.

I could be wrong… It’s been so long since I geeked out on garden hose research before buying Flexzilla, along with quality quick connects & hose nozzles. The good sign is that was years ago and I haven’t had to think about fixing or replacing the hoses since.[emoji41]

Flexilla rule!!! My Dupont 5/8" is a beast. Never use it!

DanaDetailingPros
04-12-2023, 10:48 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230413/86914742ac75e9ec054c36b3d6da6587.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Coatingsarecrack
04-13-2023, 01:53 AM
Yeah I got a 50ft flexzilla still new in the pack.

I use the 3ft one I got to hook up my PW and that has a 50Ft Flexzilla PW hose. Shoulda bought that 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
04-13-2023, 02:15 AM
I also have a 50’ 14 gauge Flexzilla extension cord. The extension cord doesn’t quite share the same Flex characteristics of the garden hoses, but it exceeds at everything else. It’s built to last, it has a green light at the end of it, it lays flat and is fairly easy to coil up just not on the same level you’d expect from a Flexzilla.

DanaDetailingPros
04-13-2023, 07:24 AM
Best $80 ever spent!
50' Pro Lock Locking Lighted Extension Cord