PDA

View Full Version : To polish or not to polish? Also slick?

scooterguitar
07-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Doing my soon to be stepfather's Harley tomorrow as he's getting ready to go on a two week road trip to Nova Scotia!
It actually needs some medium polishing and worked over well, but time restraint is on me. It has some decent swirls (black), I will have time to do a fine polish on it and a full detail after that, but is it worth it just finish polishing when heavier is needed? Will it make it better or worse? I assume somewhat better, right> My mind is playing tricks on me again as I overanalyze the detail.
Also, what would be the slickest sealant or product I can use (remember I have tons of stuff now) so when he's on the road he can simply use S&W or Spritz to take off the heavier grime with little effort?
Thanks

BILL
07-21-2006, 06:55 AM
slickest sealant????????

UPP for sure

scooterguitar
07-21-2006, 08:15 AM
I knew you would say that BILL! Problem, calling for rain tomorrow when they leave, which will be less than 24 hours from application, gonn get started here soon. I am thinking Wolfgang might be mybest option at this point?

Meghan
07-21-2006, 08:18 AM
I knew you would say that BILL! Problem, calling for rain tomorrow when they leave, which will be less than 24 hours from application, gonn get started here soon. I am thinking Wolfgang might be mybest option at this point?
I vote WG :righton:

scooterguitar
07-21-2006, 08:24 AM
I am loving the Wolf sealer, so easy. Once I see how it lasts, I migth just have to have a garage sale for all my other stuff!
So, what about my polish question?

BILL
07-21-2006, 09:42 AM

dont need 24 hours with W.G.??

scooterguitar
07-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Nope, only 12 and to me that's a BIG selling point~!