PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite 3 Pads for Heavy cut/ Medium cut/ Finish/light?

DanaDetailingPros
03-24-2023, 01:57 AM
Haven't been seeing many new threads since Noorth started the Rinseless.lol It starts to get stagnate around here. So I'm going to try and think of some good topics/Polls to get things fired up again. I strongly encourage you all to do the same.
So I figure maybe 1-3 choices per category.

Heavy: Rupes blue foam/LC Heavy HDO Micro/ Rupes coarse wool
Rupes Blue foam for medium cutting.Then LC and for my heaviest I would say Coarse Rupes wool.

Medium:Love my LK Orange HDO CCS / Yellow Rupes foam /wool medium
For quality usually gray wool Rupes/For fast work LK HDO CCS Orange. 2nd for finish would be the yellow foam Rupes.

Finish/light: Rupes D-A Fine Microfiber Yellow/LK HDO Black/Carpro Gloss

I Like finishing Most with the Black LK HDO and for jeweling or Polish like Essence Plus I like the Carpro Gloss.

In No way are these set in stone for me, and is why I started this thread. I am to green and not enough time behind my muskets to give any recommendations. But I know a ton of you are:dblthumb2:

noorth
03-24-2023, 02:44 AM
When it comes to pads, face size matters to me. That's why i like Lake Country HDO/SDO/CCS more than Rupes and some others.

The pad face of Rupes is bigger than LC pads that i have and i find they will stall or cause the machine to skip more.

The last year or so i really enjoyed my CCS pad too and have a diamond cut orange shinemate pad to try in a few more months. Its much the same face size has the rupes but i hope like the CCS it rides smoother. I'm not a fan of Rupes DA pads frankly.

DanaDetailingPros
03-24-2023, 09:03 AM
I'm looking to try sone new ones when I can justify it. I've had my eye on schools Spider and Shine Mate TSerries. Also will be switching to SDO's in the future. HDO's are nice but for the $ I want to try the SDP.

Paul A.
03-24-2023, 10:06 AM
Heavy? My rotary and wool sometimes MF cutting.
Medium? Flex 3401 with orange LC flat or maybe white depending on paint.
Finish? LC white and sometimes black

dlc95
03-24-2023, 05:00 PM
I had an excellent experience last week with the Rupes Blue Wool pad. I had done some touch ups on a plastic portion of the front end of a Ford F150. I was able to remove the sanding marks from the metal parts of the bumper with relative ease using the Rupes Nano, LC 1" microfiber cutting pads and 3D ACA500.

When I got to the painted plastic it just heated up the substrate and refused give up the sanding marks.

I came back the next day armed with some 1" Rupes Blue Wool pads and my selection of Jescar polishes.

I started with the Medium Polish on the blue wool and I got 85% of them out. I did the next application with the correction compound and that combo obliterated the sanding marks in short order.

This means there may be a shake up in my go-to combos.

But right now:

Heavy:
Buff and Shine Uro-Fiber. I also have a ton of the original Rupes microfiber pads that I like. I don't really have a set of foam cutting pads. I like the LC HDO CCS, but I have those at work. The boss paid for them. I also have the LC microfiber cutting pads there. I may try the LC CCS SDO because we're having issues with the HDO interface foam crumbling.

Medium:
LC Orange HDO
Buff and Shine Uro-Tec Yellow

Fine:
Buff and Shine Uro-Tec white.

I plan on picking up more of the Rupes Wool pads in both the blue and yellow. I may try their foam pads again too. The blue is alot like their old Grey UHS pads. Very stiff and unforgiving.

I do may just end up using thise Rupes Wool pads alongside the Buff and Shine Uro-Tec. Like Noorth said the Rupes foam pads have a really big footprint. I like the more compact nature of the HDO, and even more so the Uro-Tec. I just wish I could get some Uro-Tec "CCS".

This also means I may be restocking Jescar in the arsenal too. That Correcting Compound just makes life easy.

DUBL0WS6
03-25-2023, 02:29 PM
I found that the Griots Fast Finishing MF pad had more cut, or worked faster, than the LC orange pad.