PDA

View Full Version : Need recommend: microfiber cutting pads for DA

szjalo
03-13-2023, 02:54 PM
I've been using Meg's microfiber cutting pads for the past few years. Meg's system has been working mostly fine to me (cuts well), but because they almost have no foam backing, I do find they are quite difficult for panels with any curves or contours.

I am not quite up to date, but wonder if anyone can recommend me any microfiber cutting pads that cuts as great (or better) as Meg's but also deal with contoured body panels relatively well (i.e have foam backing?). Ideally for 5 inch DA backing plates

Thanks a bunch!

Epilogts
03-13-2023, 03:28 PM
I've been using Meg's microfiber cutting pads for the past few years. Meg's system has been working mostly fine to me (cuts well), but because they almost have no foam backing, I do find they are quite difficult for panels with any curves or contours.

I am not quite up to date, but wonder if anyone can recommend me any microfiber cutting pads that cuts as great (or better) as Meg's but also deal with contoured body panels relatively well (i.e have foam backing?). Ideally for 5 inch DA backing plates

Thanks a bunch!
Rupes 150mm Microfiber (https://www.autogeek.net/rupes-microfiber-finishing-pad.html) would be a good alternative to the Meg’s pads. The 150mm work well with a 5” backing plate and work well with a DA.

szjalo
03-13-2023, 04:19 PM
Rupes 150mm Microfiber (https://www.autogeek.net/rupes-microfiber-finishing-pad.html) would be a good alternative to the Meg’s pads. The 150mm work well with a 5” backing plate and work well with a DA.

is the 150mm (5.9in) measured as the size facing the backing plate or facing the car? if it's the size of backing plate, it probably is too large for a 5inch DA?

Epilogts
03-15-2023, 12:53 AM
is the 150mm (5.9in) measured as the size facing the backing plate or facing the car? if it's the size of backing plate, it probably is too large for a 5inch DA?

I have many 150mm wool and foam pads that I use with my 5” backing plate. The Velcro loop on the backing of the 150mm pad is 5” in diameter and the pad face is 150mm.

Actually sorry I forgot in microfiber only come in 130mm and 160mm and for microfiber so go with the 130mm microfiber for a 5” backing plate.

2black1s
03-15-2023, 01:48 PM
Try a foam interface pad between the backing plate and the microfiber pad.

DUBL0WS6
03-15-2023, 10:33 PM
Griots Fast Finishing MF pad is good for light cutting. Slightly more cut than a LC orange pad.