PDA

View Full Version : Adam's Graphene VRT

CleanIT
03-13-2023, 09:36 AM
I have a bunch of Adam's products I'm considering and their Graphene VRT looks good from the reviews I've seen.

Silly Rabbit
03-13-2023, 10:11 AM
I would give Motorplast a try, it's not too expensive and I do feel you will like it. Koch makes some really good products, FSE is one I love, and this is right there for me as well.

Desertnate
03-13-2023, 01:33 PM
I haven't done it on an engine bay, but I've used a normal paint coating on the hard plastic exterior trim of a couple new cars recently and it turned out really well. I don't see why engine plastics like the cowl along the firewall or even engine covers wouldn't work. You just need to make sure they are really clean before you apply the coating.

As for a simple spray on product I've found PERL works well. In fact, I like PERL on engine bays better than I do on tires.

DFB
03-14-2023, 03:33 AM
I haven't done it on an engine bay, but I've used a normal paint coating on the hard plastic exterior trim of a couple new cars recently and it turned out really well. I don't see why engine plastics like the cowl along the firewall or even engine covers wouldn't work. You just need to make sure they are really clean before you apply the coating.

As for a simple spray on product I've found PERL works well. In fact, I like PERL on engine bays better than I do on tires.

I like the subtle enhancement that something like Reload adds to black plastic trim and engine bay plastics. Have been doing so for a while now and it lasts longer than a trim dressing product.

https://i.postimg.cc/Vk5Y3vyv/IMG-2697.jpg (https://postimg.cc/JsVVX1zC)

https://i.postimg.cc/k4N9xtS1/IMG-2704.jpg (https://postimg.cc/R60jmhXK)

I find runnier dressings to be better on engine bays as its easier to get full coverage. Whereas a creme-like product such as VRT or VRP needs to be worked into the plastic more methodically, especially on grooved intakes and airbox lids.

As mentioned, look at Motorplast, Perl, 303, Dynamic Dressing or Hyper Dressing.

Jeeky123
03-14-2023, 09:38 PM
I would give Motorplast a try, it's not too expensive and I do feel you will like it. Koch makes some really good products, FSE is one I love, and this is right there for me as well.

My buddy tried Motorplast and he's very impressed!

ryanbabz71
03-14-2023, 09:52 PM
I like it over all their other VRT products. I do find that it still runs at times in the rain (from bed rails)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CleanIT
03-15-2023, 06:42 AM
I like it over all their other VRT products. I do find that it still runs at times in the rain (from bed rails)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good to know. That's what I dislike most about the water-based products. Even when I used 303 on the door panels, when they would get wet from rain when opening the door it would start to streak.

I'm sticking with using the LSP on trim like DFB stated. That's what I've been doing on/off. I could coat the plastic with Can Coat etc too.

Desertnate
03-15-2023, 08:12 AM
Good to know. That's what I dislike most about the water-based products. Even when I used 303 on the door panels, when they would get wet from rain when opening the door it would start to streak.

That is one of the reasons I quit using 303 as well. I hated seeing it run off the trim leaving a streaky appearance on the trim and a mess on the surrounding paint. It's also one of the reasons I now use a dedicated trim product or the paint coating I applied across the rest of the vehicle.

CleanIT
03-15-2023, 08:20 AM
That is one of the reasons I quit using 303 as well. I hated seeing it run off the trim leaving a streaky appearance on the trim and a mess on the surrounding paint. It's also one of the reasons I now use a dedicated trim product or the paint coating I applied across the rest of the vehicle.

Yeah it's really annoying. You spend all that time making it look good, which 303 does, then it runs and looks like a mess. These type of products may be great in a desert climate, but once they get wet with rain they're done.