PDA

View Full Version : OLD coatings Safe to Use

chefwong
03-11-2023, 04:42 PM
Rummaging in my bin....

I've got a half bottle of CQ UK 3.0 and Gyeon Q2 Trim . A wild guess is 4 years old.
Always sealed inside fairly cool cabinet that is -dark- with the cabinet doors closed.

I have a set of Winter wheels that are on generally from Dec-March.
Shall I chance it with these old coats that are not solidified in the bottle and fairly liquid.

I do have a -fresh- bottle of Dlux that has plenty of in it left and was planning to use this.
However, since these are winter wheels that I'm not -that commited- to , is it okay to use these old coatings...

And or just trash the coatings since its been cracked open for 48 months already,,,

Bruno Soares
03-11-2023, 04:57 PM
If the solution is liquid and clear, I’d use it on winter wheels.

Paul A.
03-11-2023, 10:19 PM
I might test it on a barrel section just to be comfortable.

chefwong
03-12-2023, 11:09 AM
I did end up just doing the back of the barrels - flash and level wipe seemed okay . Haven't checked the barrels, but I did check my applicators and they are not -hard'ish- the day after and it's not crunchy like it normally would be

DFB
03-13-2023, 01:17 AM
I think the main rule of thumb is if the solution is clear and free of floating particles, then it should be fine to use.

Desertnate
03-13-2023, 07:59 AM
From what I've seen, CarPro's coatings seem to have a longer shelf life than some others.

While they may perform just fine, I've noticed coatings that have been unsealed (i.e. the factory seal broken) for long periods are often harder to apply. They tend to flash much faster and may be a little difficult to apply to remove. It doesn't make them unusable, you just have to work a little harder and be a lot more careful.