PDA

View Full Version : Meguires Ultimate line?

MatloccAllison1
02-28-2023, 03:25 PM
I used the ultimate compound and then the polish. Loved the results, but it was my first time.
What would be the compound before the ultimate compound and after the ultimate polish, or is that overkill?

Eldorado2k
02-28-2023, 05:21 PM
Overkill

PaulMys
02-28-2023, 05:23 PM
I used the ultimate compound and then the polish. Loved the results, but it was my first time.
What would be the compound before the ultimate compound and after the ultimate polish, or is that overkill?

There you go....

If you loved the results, why make more work for yourself?

MatloccAllison1
03-01-2023, 09:10 AM
Not making more work. Just wanted to have the right stuff on hand if I tackle a bit tougher paint correction. (Possibly my aluminum boat)

Honda Fan
03-01-2023, 10:32 AM
Meguiar's professional products (compounds, cleaners and waxes) have a pretty easy to understand numerical designation as to the aggressiveness of that particular product. If something is too harsh, move down. If you need a more agressive product move up.

Eldorado2k
03-01-2023, 10:43 AM
Not making more work. Just wanted to have the right stuff on hand if I tackle a bit tougher paint correction. (Possibly my aluminum boat)

You didn’t mention that part… Now you’re talking about a whole nother animal. I wouldn’t suggest trying to tackle a boat with over the counter car products. Meguiars has a line of marine products that will suit the needs and make the experience better in every way.

MatloccAllison1
03-03-2023, 02:37 PM
It is a painted aluminum boat. Not gel coat.