PDA

View Full Version : What to do when it rains?

Honda Fan
02-25-2023, 10:00 AM
Yes, I have pulled my cars out of the garage and into the rain, done a quick wash, rinse and pulled them back into the garage for a quick wipedown. I usually like to wait until the rain quiets down a bit so the neighbors don't think I'm too "crazy", LOL.

Lately, during this rain we've been experiencing here in So Cal I've been wiping down the interior more often than usual. But with all the downtime due to the more than usual rain we've been getting here in So Cal I'm starting to get the itch to hit the exterior with a light polish and wax. The only thing that stops me is that the air is so moist the waxes seem to take forever to cure and the polishes take forever to wipe down.

Is there anything you can suggest so that I can scratch that itch and put a little gloss to the paint while I seem to have an excess of downtime? Do I just have to try and embrace the longer cure times?

Bill D
02-25-2023, 10:11 AM
I just hope you're not polishing the paint for the sake of it. I would polish only to remove defects. It's the wax that will produce the extra gloss once the paint is defect free

I would wax in the garage with a dehumidifier running to may be help with the curing.

Honda Fan
02-25-2023, 12:08 PM
I just hope you're not polishing the paint for the sake of it.

Trust me, I'm not going to be doing anything just for the sake of doing it.

evo77
02-25-2023, 03:03 PM
I'm starting to get the itch to hit the exterior with a light polish and wax. The only thing that stops me is that the air is so moist the waxes seem to take forever to cure and the polishes take forever to wipe down.

What polish are you using that takes forever to wipe down?

And what wax are you using that takes forever to cure??

Coatingsarecrack
02-26-2023, 05:06 AM
Spray sealant or wax. Gyeon wax may work if you wanna actually wax your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honda Fan
02-26-2023, 09:18 AM
What polish are you using that takes forever to wipe down?

And what wax are you using that takes forever to cure??

Just about everything in general. Maybe not one of my best questions here. I was just getting anxious and wanted to hit the car while I had all this free time. For example, even if I start a job late in the afternoon it never seems like my coatings dry as fast. It always seems like I need twice as many towels to get everything off. No biggee.

Eldorado2k
02-26-2023, 09:20 AM
It’s not gonna rain today

Honda Fan
02-26-2023, 12:28 PM
It’s not gonna rain today

You're right! Did a quick wash on the Accord before the wife left for church.