PDA

View Full Version : Griots Ceramic 3 in 1 Wax vs 3D Bead It Up as a drying aid?

Pages : [1] 2

PBoy
02-22-2023, 07:41 PM
Thoughts?

MisterSnoop
02-22-2023, 08:33 PM
I'd use Ceramic Speed Shine before 3-in-1.

noorth
02-22-2023, 08:39 PM
I would use it straight on a panel and see how it goes. If it streaks i would cut it 1:1 with water. Just make a 50ml solution and see how it goes.

I've been looking at this product myself because of the price. How's the beading and more importantly application of the 3in1 ceramic? I'm thinking of picking up the ceramic 3in1 polish too for a combo.

PBoy
02-22-2023, 11:29 PM
I'd use Ceramic Speed Shine before 3-in-1.

Thanks! I'll look into Speed Shine

PBoy
02-22-2023, 11:41 PM
I'm thinking of picking up the ceramic 3in1 polish too for a combo.

Is that the Griot's CERAMIC ALL-IN-ONE WAX? I was thinking the same ... using 3 in 1 ceramic spray wax (or possibly Ceramic Speed Shine now) to maintain the Griots AIO

OR

Using 3D Bead It Up to maintain 3D Speed

Coatingsarecrack
02-23-2023, 04:53 AM
I would use it straight on a panel and see how it goes. If it streaks i would cut it 1:1 with water. Just make a 50ml solution and see how it goes.

I've been looking at this product myself because of the price. How's the beading and more importantly application of the 3in1 ceramic? I'm thinking of picking up the ceramic 3in1 polish too for a combo.

Looks are pretty good but beading is subpar…. At least if you’ve used a Polish Angel Product.

I’m gonna try a Merlin’s mix (1.5oz Griots 3-1 1.5oz Ech20) this summer.

I think if you are trying to add decent protection for a drying aid I’d throw an oz into Ceramic Speed Shine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MisterSnoop
02-23-2023, 07:39 AM
Is that the Griot's CERAMIC ALL-IN-ONE WAX? I was thinking the same ... using 3 in 1 ceramic spray wax (or possibly Ceramic Speed Shine now) to maintain the Griots AIO

OR

Using 3D Bead It Up to maintain 3D Speed

You can definitely use ceramic AIO followed by a coat of 3-in-1. Not sure I'd use 3-in-1 more than every 3 months. Some of the issues (streaking) that people have are from either applying too much product when they do use it or using it too often. Ceramic speed shine or ceramic wash& coat would be better but I would probably not use those more often than monthly.

Desertnate
02-23-2023, 08:38 AM
Agree on the Ceramic Speed Shine advice if you are looking for a drying aid and want to use a Griots product, although I've never used it. 3-in-1 isn't the best product for that use.

I was not all that impressed by 3-in-1. The durability was just OK and it looked good, but the beading/sheeting wasn't great for a ceramic infused product. I got better beading out of Ech2o, Elixr, or even Gyeon Ceramic Detailer.

PBoy
02-23-2023, 01:28 PM
Agree on the Ceramic Speed Shine advice if you are looking for a drying aid and want to use a Griots product, although I've never used it. 3-in-1 isn't the best product for that use.

I was not all that impressed by 3-in-1. The durability was just OK and it looked good, but the beading/sheeting wasn't great for a ceramic infused product. I got better beading out of Ech2o, Elixr, or even Gyeon Ceramic Detailer.

Think I'm leaning more towards the 3D Speed/Bead-It-Up route now.

opie
02-23-2023, 02:53 PM
Think I'm leaning more towards the 3D Speed/Bead-It-Up route now.Its a good simple combo

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

noorth
02-23-2023, 03:38 PM
Vonnix looks interesting too for a combo. Their AIO Blend and the Blend spray sealant/wax. Great looking bottles and great prices. One video I saw on the AIO the guy really liked it. He was a regular user of 3D speed. Bel Lavoro Auto Spa, i think the same guy is a moderator on autogeeks FB group.

I like the bottles so much i might just pay the shipping to Canada lol

But right now my next LSP will be carpro's essence+ i want a worry free application. Not sure if i will use gyeon primer or not. I even thought of ordering essence but i have so many polishes. I'm not going to top it either at first, see how it goes.

briarpatch
02-23-2023, 05:12 PM
Thanks! I'll look into Speed Shine

You will like it as a drying aid more than you'd like 3 in 1 as a drying aid. I've tried both. That being said, I'll take Gyeon Ceramic Detailer over both of them

joebruin77
02-23-2023, 05:54 PM
I use and like GG 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax as my base protection, but I would not use it as a drying aid for two reasons. I would be concerned about possible build up if you use it too frequently. And also it is pretty expensive at $85 a gallon. Since I use a drying aid after every wash, I want it to cost less and be a better value than that.

I like GG Ceramic Speed Shine, but compared to other drying aids it is still a bit pricey at $65 a gallon.

I actually tried and liked 3D Bead It Up. It reminded me a lot of Technicians Choice 582 Ceramic Detail Spray. Personally, I would prefer TEC 582 over 3D Bead It Up. I thought TEC 582 was a bit slicker under the towel and I am addicted to its pina colada scent. I think 3D Bead It Up runs about $35 a gallon and TEC 582 is around $39 for a gallon.

My favorite drying aid is Topper by Xtreme Solutions. You may want to consider that one as well.

PBoy
02-23-2023, 09:36 PM
That being said, I'll take Gyeon Ceramic Detailer over both of them

My favorite drying aid is Topper by Xtreme Solutions. You may want to consider that one as well.

Woe! My head is spinning :)

briarpatch
02-24-2023, 09:56 AM
Woe! My head is spinning :)

Don't get too worked up. I've hard very good things about Topper as well...I do not think you'd think you'd be disappointed with it. I've been using Gyeon Ceramic Detailer on my truck since I coated it with MOHS EVO....just staying within the brand.