PDA

View Full Version : gyeon can coat evo maintenance

nick27
02-04-2023, 06:01 PM
hey guys coated my car with can coat evo pretty wild product! as far as topper/maintenace goes for it besides using resest as a soap, is reload or hydro 2 gonna serve the same purpose/ durability? wouldnt i be better of with hydro2 (spray and seal)? or is reload (buff and shine) a superior product. arent they both sio2 infused?

Coatingsarecrack
02-04-2023, 07:28 PM
Reload will be a more stout product. You’ll contact paint less with spray and seal.

I like applying stuff to paint so I would go reload.

Debate with maintenance products if needed at all.

Coatings are known to water spot and I had no issues with my coating (CQUK3) with waterspots topping it with Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

briarpatch
02-04-2023, 09:40 PM
My truck is coated with MOHS EVO. I use the Gyeon Ceramic Detailer as a maintenance product. Surface is so slick a fly couldn't land on it. Will probably put Cure on it once every six weeks.

opie
02-04-2023, 09:54 PM
Coatings are known to water spot and I had no issues with my coating (CQUK3) with waterspots topping it with Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz.

Damn it i forgpt about wanting to try cosmic spritz this year...how long does it usually last as a topper? Im not one to reapply something every wash. More like id be ok with doing it every month or month and ahalf

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Coatingsarecrack
02-05-2023, 02:32 AM
Damn it i forgpt about wanting to try cosmic spritz this year...how long does it usually last as a topper? Im not one to reapply something every wash. More like id be ok with doing it every month or month and ahalf

Cosmic will give you coating like performance applied monthly. Every month or two is fine. REALLY nice and easy to apply as a drying aid.

The Guz
02-05-2023, 03:43 PM
My truck is coated with MOHS EVO. I use the Gyeon Ceramic Detailer as a maintenance product. Surface is so slick a fly couldn't land on it. Will probably put Cure on it once every six weeks.

You won't even need cure if you are using the ceramic detailer.

Forty
02-05-2023, 05:33 PM
I use Gyeon ceramic detailer on my can coated daily driver. I like using products from the same family. Ceramic detailer is all you need. I use once a month after maintenance wash.

opie
02-05-2023, 05:42 PM
I use Gyeon ceramic detailer on my can coated daily driver. I like using products from the same family. Ceramic detailer is all you need. I use once a month after maintenance wash.Does it smell like cure?Cure smells so good

briarpatch
02-05-2023, 06:11 PM
You won't even need cure if you are using the ceramic detailer.

Thanks for the advice.....I was not sure if (periodically) I should use something a little stronger than the Ceramic Detailer

Coatingsarecrack
02-06-2023, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the advice.....I was not sure if (periodically) I should use something a little stronger than the Ceramic Detailer

You can if you want but not needed. Me I just like to try different things so I say go for it.

Desertnate
02-06-2023, 09:28 AM

Ceramic Detailer would be my choice as well. I use it on Pure EVO and it looks great and is VERY slick. When I used CanCoat I topped periodically with Cure. Cure at full concentration can be a challenge to not get streaks and you might even get high spots. The best bet for a good application with Cure is to dilute it 1:1 with water...which I can't help but wonder is the same thing as their Ceramic Detailer. Either will product great slickness and a nice boost in the gloss.