PDA

View Full Version : SPAM........ AUGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

chilly
01-23-2023, 04:21 PM
Is anyone else about to lose their mind because of SPAM emails and texts?

Over the last 2-3 weeks I have seen a HUGE surge in spam, especially on my hotmail account which is actually just a dummy account I use when I have to sign up for something and I don't want them having my daily use email

Regardless, it is an enormous jump in quantity and I still have to go through, mark stuff as phishing, report it etc

Even SPAM texts are increasing

Not sure what the deal is but it is irritating as hell....

:mad:

opie
01-23-2023, 04:28 PM
Is anyone else about to lose their mind because of SPAM emails and texts?

Over the last 2-3 weeks I have seen a HUGE surge in spam, especially on my hotmail account which is actually just a dummy account I use when I have to sign up for something and I don't want them having my daily use email

Regardless, it is an enormous jump in quantity and I still have to go through, mark stuff as phishing, report it etc

Even SPAM texts are increasing

Not sure what the deal is but it is irritating as hell....

:mad:Nah i dont really get hit with any of them. Neither of my emails. Not really txts or calls either. Once in a blue moon id say.

Do you by chance have a bookface or other social medias?

And my word...hotmail! Thats some old asss chit

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

chilly
01-23-2023, 05:07 PM
Nah i dont really get hit with any of them. Neither of my emails. Not really txts or calls either. Once in a blue moon id say.

Do you by chance have a bookface or other social medias?

And my word...hotmail! Thats some old asss chit

Nope, zero "social media" for me...

This forum is my sole "social" endeavor...

I have had that hotmail account for like 30 years I guess

IDK

opie
01-23-2023, 05:35 PM
Nope, zero "social media" for me...

This forum is my sole "social" endeavor...

I have had that hotmail account for like 30 years I guess

IDKLol same here for social media. I only asked cuz i often wonder if getting hit with spam had anything to do with social media apps. Although it could be through google if ya use that? I dont use google....wayyyyyy to much tracking and targeting for me lol

PaulMys
01-23-2023, 05:39 PM
I've been getting hit by these f*cking spammers in some of my comments on some small engine YT channels I am subscribed to.

Not really a huge bother, but just annoying.

opie
01-23-2023, 05:43 PM
I've been getting hit by these f*cking spammers in some of my comments on some small engine YT channels I am subscribed to.

Not really a huge bother, but just annoying.With how much some want us to become a servialance state...wouldnt be supprised if spammers start walkin up to ya in the street, or wait for ya at your dribeway lol

chilly
01-23-2023, 05:53 PM
Lol same here for social media. I only asked cuz i often wonder if getting hit with spam had anything to do with social media apps. Although it could be through google if ya use that? I dont use google....wayyyyyy to much tracking and targeting for me lol

After my ISP abandoned their email platform about 4-5 years ago with zero warning I got a GMAIL account figuring it was the most stable and I have kept it simply because it’s convenient

I hate Google with a passion but occasionally it’s a necessary evil

But funny thing, I never get spam on that gmail account

Go figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulMys
01-23-2023, 05:55 PM
With how much some want us to become a servialance state...wouldnt be supprised if spammers start walkin up to ya in the street, or wait for ya at your dribeway lol

Yeah, that wouldn't end well for them.

Just ask some local Jehovah's Witness cult members around here................... :D

opie
01-23-2023, 06:02 PM
After my ISP abandoned their email platform about 4-5 years ago with zero warning I got a GMAIL account figuring it was the most stable and I have kept it simply because it’s convenient

I hate Google with a passion but occasionally it’s a necessary evil

But funny thing, I never get spam on that gmail account

Go figure

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI have a gmail as well only cuz i got a android, no spam. Yahoo mail is my junky one, no spam there either. I dunno why you are gettin hit.

Side not ive been a android fan for well almost since the begining, i totally hated that iphones didnt have an external memory card slot.

To my suprise on my newest droid i had to get last year...bastardss were sneeky and got rid of the external memory card slot! I was livid.

Sorry rant over.

Tasmania
01-23-2023, 06:25 PM
I get about 4 scam calls a day on the home phone, i just go a long with it and waste their time sometimes. The calls that really #### me are charity one's i tell them at a time like this in the world i NEED all my money thank you!

And as for the hotmail acount i have had mine for ever

chilly
01-23-2023, 06:31 PM
I get about 4 scam calls a day on the home phone, i just go a long with it and waste their time sometimes. The calls that really #### me are charity one's i tell them at a time like this in the world i NEED all my money thank you!

And as for the hotmail acount i have had mine for ever

We gave up a home phone like 10 years ago

Waste of money, in our situation anyway

Nothing but political and charity begging

chilly
01-23-2023, 06:34 PM
I have a gmail as well only cuz i got a android, no spam. Yahoo mail is my junky one, no spam there either. I dunno why you are gettin hit.

Side not ive been a android fan for well almost since the begining, i totally hated that iphones didnt have an external memory card slot.

To my suprise on my newest droid i had to get last year...bastardss were sneeky and got rid of the external memory card slot! I was livid.

Sorry rant over.

Doesn’t matter who makes the phone, they gotta cheap out more and more every year

Like iPhone deleting the headphone jack

Saved THEM money but sure didn’t make the price drop

Grumble grumble [emoji34]

PaulMys
01-23-2023, 06:41 PM
The calls that really PI$$ me are charity ones

Next time, act surprised and say "Oh wow... Really??" and then pause for a second.....

Then tell them that YOU work for a charity collection call center and were just about to call THEM for a donation to your charity.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

opie
01-23-2023, 06:44 PM
Doesn’t matter who makes the phone, they gotta cheap out more and more every year

Like iPhone deleting the headphone jack

Saved THEM money but sure didn’t make the price drop

Grumble grumble [emoji34]

Haha, The galaxys got rid of that too! Guess they figure everybody would just use bluetoof now.

oneheadlite
01-23-2023, 07:11 PM
Chilly - I feel your pain via both phone and text. Email thankfully hasn’t been as bad yet.

For a while I was trying to keep up with blocking all the numbers, but it was so ridiculous I just gave up. It was a different number / bogus address every time anyway.

Also, +1 on still having a Hotmail account. :D (though not my primary anymore)

I’ve been told like 7 times via text this week my iCloud account has been suspended. Strangely, seems to keep working just fine…