PDA

View Full Version : How many Wash Mitts Per Session

Pages : [1] 2

chefwong
01-20-2023, 05:53 PM
For the SUV, while I prefer the -dexterity- of a mitt and is my go to

On the large panel cars, I'm doing double duty. Cyclone Mitt that get's in in all the nooks and cranny's. Especially around door handles, door cups, inside corners of the bumper, etc.
I'm not crazy about the Cyclone 10X Pad, but this carries alot of liquid and covers panels at least 3X more than I could do with the mitt

I dunno what has more dust in the deep back of my shelving right now. The box of wool mitts or the 'Nuba waxes

Honda Fan
01-20-2023, 06:46 PM
1 large mitt for all the SUV except the bottom 12 inches (2 bucket wash). I have a smaller mitt for the lower portion. I prefer to use a small MF towel for behind the door handles and other smaller sections where using it like floss can come in handy.

luckydawg
01-20-2023, 06:52 PM
I dont use mitts
I use MF towels- one time use each wash, never goes back in the clean solution
12 on my Audi
9 on my Jeep

chefwong
01-20-2023, 08:09 PM
I dont use mitts
12 on my Audi
9 on my Jeep

Have tried a few times....hasn't even hit the confidence factor....on RW/WW. I do hit all the jambs and doors and such with N914 but that's pretty much it....
I need H20...

opie
01-21-2023, 12:25 AM
I dont use mitts

^^2nd that!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

luckydawg
01-21-2023, 05:45 AM
hasn't even hit the confidence factor

I need H20...
OK
What ever the heck that means

Coatingsarecrack
01-21-2023, 06:31 AM
OK
What ever the heck that means

I’m guessing you use the MF mitts on a 1 bucket soap and water wash and he thinks you mean a rinsless. He’s scared of rinsless.

New technology scares him. Still playing 8 track and watching his color tube TV…

Me personally 1 bucket of soap with 8-10 wash mitts. 6 on sides and 2-4 on front top and rear depending on dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luckydawg
01-21-2023, 09:19 AM
I do a one bucket wash. My soap solution has the MF towels in it-- like 9-12 depending on the vehicle. One towel comes out of the bucket and washes a panel ( like a door )- then I take that towel and toss it in a empty bucket, it never goes back into the soap. Zero chance of any contamination getting in the soap bucket.

Bill D
01-21-2023, 09:24 AM
Using the extreme wash method, I use at least one mitt per panel of the vehicle. The more mitts, the safer but of course, do what makes you happy

briarpatch
01-21-2023, 10:15 AM
Me personally 1 bucket of soap with 8-10 wash mitts. 6 on sides and 2-4 on front top and rear depending on dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar for me....typically 1 bucket with 6 mitts....maybe more if warranted. And, yes...I do a lot of laundry

opie
01-21-2023, 12:36 PM
12 mf towels is usual usage per any of our vehicles. Also 1or 2 drying towels.

1 bucket containing rinseless solution or normal soap, 1 towel per panel, discard said dirty towel in a empty bucket.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

chilly
01-21-2023, 04:19 PM
Plush MF for 1 bucket rinseless, I start with 8 in the bucket with that many more on deck and add them as I need them with time to soak

Mix of chenille and MF mitts for 1 bucket soap wash, 4-5 mitts to start so they are not crowded, with 7-8 on deck added in as I need them with some time to soak

For both washes I use each side once and toss in the laundry bucket, no rinsing and reusing for me

I will cover a bit more real estate with a mitt than I do with a towel but it is never more than 1/2 to 1 panel per mitt

Towels get flipped each pass

PaulMys
01-21-2023, 05:53 PM
I use one mitt for the entire truck.

And I start with the wheels..............:laughing:

What I actually do is use about 6-7 mitts for the paint, and the wheels have their own separate mitts, bucket, and drying towels.

luckydawg
01-21-2023, 06:35 PM
I use one mitt for the entire truck.

And I start with the wheels..............:laughing:

What I actually do is use about 6-7 mitts for the paint, and the wheels have their own separate mitts, bucket, and drying towels.

I think I have some un-used mitts I will never use, text me your addy again and if I can get around to it next week I will send them to you
And that 26 letter last name you got:D

PaulMys
01-21-2023, 06:46 PM
I think I have some un-used mitts I will never use, text me your addy again and if I can get around to it next week I will send them to you
And that 26 letter last name you got:D

Thanks, Konrad!

And it's only 11 letters. They teach math in Florida, or is too hot for that? :laughing::laughing::cheers: