PDA

View Full Version : DIY's Method for Touchless

Pages : [1] 2

CleanIT
01-20-2023, 08:14 AM
How to wash, decontaminate and protect your car--without touching it! - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl6xaKP41qo&t=323s)

I like that Incredible Suds has a pH of 8.5. Good move IMO. I'd rather have a bit more cleaning power in a soap and if you're LSP can't handle a pH of 8.5 you need a new LSP.

Klasse Act
01-20-2023, 08:49 AM
I commented on one of their vids about using All Clean as a strong pre-wash, something comparable to Bilt-Hamber Auto-foam and Touchless and they said they're "working on it'. In the meantime they suggested 8 oz of All Clean and 1 oz of Incredible Suds. I tried this combo on my g/f's dirty Cruze and I must say it worked! Now this is the the most cost effective way to go but it worked. It's going to be interesting to see what this final product ends up being but more importantly how it competes with the Bilt-Hamber duo AND how much it costs, the bar is very high here[emoji817]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

CleanIT
01-20-2023, 09:46 AM
I commented on one of their vids about using All Clean as a strong pre-wash, something comparable to Bilt-Hamber Auto-foam and Touchless and they said they're "working on it'. In the meantime they suggested 8 oz of All Clean and 1 oz of Incredible Suds. I tried this combo on my g/f's dirty Cruze and I must say it worked! Now this is the the most cost effective way to go but it worked. It's going to be interesting to see what this final product ends up being but more importantly how it competes with the Bilt-Hamber duo AND how much it costs, the bar is very high here[emoji817]

Awesome good to know thanks for sharing. I haven't used anything from DIY yet but I plan on it. Really liking their line.

Klasse Act
01-20-2023, 12:59 PM
Awesome good to know thanks for sharing. I haven't used anything from DIY yet but I plan on it. Really liking their line.The Ceramic Gloss and RW are awesome, the interior products equally impressive[emoji56]

briarpatch
01-20-2023, 05:01 PM
Isn;t that the guy from Optimum?

Texchappy
01-20-2023, 05:02 PM
He was (and then McKee’s 37].

Klasse Act
01-20-2023, 05:29 PM
He was (and then McKee’s 37].....and then the "tour"

JDGolden
01-20-2023, 05:49 PM
Did he scrub another black Porsche with ONR and a tire brush? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
01-21-2023, 08:26 AM
Did he scrub another black Porsche with ONR and a tire brush? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWell I'll say this to my peers as to be public about it. I'm assuming it was Ivan himself but that "tire brush" is actually made to use on paint and is sold on their site. Now at the time I saw the video on Apex's channel it sure looked like a tire brush to me/us[emoji848][emoji39]

The one thing that remains a head scratcher is the fact that Ivan made such a to do over soap being so "20th century" yet has one of the best pre-wash snow foams, surely works in a bucket too and is working on something onpar with Bilt-Hamber Auto-foam and Touchless, he's got his work cut out for him[emoji817]

CleanIT
01-21-2023, 09:09 AM
The one thing that remains a head scratcher is the fact that Ivan made such a to do over soap being so "20th century" yet has one of the best pre-wash snow foams, surely works in a bucket too and is working on something onpar with Bilt-Hamber Auto-foam and Touchless, he's got his work cut out for him[emoji817]

That is very true. Kind of ironic.

Coatingsarecrack
01-21-2023, 09:29 PM
Well I'll say this to my peers as to be public about it. I'm assuming it was Ivan himself but that "tire brush" is actually made to use on paint and is sold on their site. Now at the time I saw the video on Apex's channel it sure looked like a tire brush to me/us[emoji848][emoji39]

Incredi Suds one of the best pre wash? Bold claim. Haven’t seen anything PH balanced that cleans as well as Griots Surface wash and all other ph balanced seems like a waste.

And at that price I’d still probably use Reset.

You gonna order the brush? I feel the wheel woolies brush is soft enough but can’t get myself to try.

Also i feel it’s just another generic detail brush that you can buy and relabel.

DIY:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230122/5aa8bbe53c5f6f99041babc72fc5a5c5.jpg

Autogeek:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230122/28aff790886460fce328984c94eea9cb.jpg

Klasse Act
01-22-2023, 10:46 AM
Incredi Suds one of the best pre wash? Bold claim. Haven’t seen anything PH balanced that cleans as well as Griots Surface wash and all other ph balanced seems like a waste.

And at that price I’d still probably use Reset.

You gonna order the brush? I feel the wheel woolies brush is soft enough but can’t get myself to try.

Also i feel it’s just another generic detail brush that you can buy and relabel.

DIY:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230122/5aa8bbe53c5f6f99041babc72fc5a5c5.jpg

Autogeek:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230122/28aff790886460fce328984c94eea9cb.jpgThe Incredible Suds has a pH of 8.5, so it's pretty stout. I like Griot's Garage Surface wash & Prep but 1 little ounce of Incredible Suds goes a LOOOOONG way in my IK Foam Pro 12, you should get a bottle, infact they've got a number of VERY good products I personally like, if my opinion counts[emoji848]

As far as that brush, I'm not interested really [emoji56]

Coatingsarecrack
01-23-2023, 06:50 AM
The Incredible Suds has a pH of 8.5, so it's pretty stout. I like Griot's Garage Surface wash & Prep but 1 little ounce of Incredible Suds goes a LOOOOONG way in my IK Foam Pro 12, you should get a bottle, infact they've got a number of VERY good products I personally like, if my opinion counts[emoji848]

As far as that brush, I'm not interested really [emoji56]

When they do 32oz bottles I may jump I’ll definitely give it a try.

Klasse Act
01-23-2023, 08:16 PM
When they do 32oz bottles I may jump I’ll definitely give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIs 32 your lucky number or something [emoji28]

Coatingsarecrack
01-23-2023, 08:24 PM
Is 32 your lucky number or something [emoji28]

Nah just 16oz I feel is not enough value and not enough to play around with. Learned my lesson on buying things in gallons.