PDA

View Full Version : Rupes Uno Advanced-pad selection?

BTLew81
01-12-2023, 11:58 PM
Looking forward to trying this soon. VW pure grey paint with normal daily driver minor marring. Looking for your suggestion on pads for my GG9. Have some hydro tech pads and flat pads, but looking to try something new and have not had to buy pads in some time. Appreciate your insight!

PaulMys
01-13-2023, 05:40 PM
BOSS pads to match your G9. :)

noorth
01-14-2023, 04:34 AM
The rupes white microfiber maybe or yellow? Advanced has very little cut apparently so if you want to remove some defects you will have to use a relatively aggressive pad. If you like foam like me the lake country blue SDO/CCS pad. It finished out fine on my camry with one step using 3D one.

BTLew81
01-14-2023, 12:56 PM
Thanks all!

Paul A.
01-14-2023, 02:28 PM
I'm a huge fan of matching complementary equipment within a brand. I would personally go with the Griots BOSS pads.

However...i can't say I always follow that rule and noorth had some superb suggestions also. I have several Rupes mf and a ton of Lake Country foam pads and they all work great on my Flex.

Any serious company like Griots i'm sure put a LOT of time coming up with their own pads to extract the best results from their machine.

Epilogts
01-15-2023, 08:51 PM
Having maintained quite a few VAG(VW Auto Group) cars, I’d invest in some Rupes Yellow wool or Micofiber pads and CarPro Ultra Cut. It’s aggressive enough to where you can make great improvements on the hard paint, but still finish very well. If your dead set on the one-step with uno, go with the microfiber.

dgage
01-15-2023, 10:31 PM
Rupes wool (coarse blue or med yellow) are definitely my favorite pads with Rupes yellow/white for final polishing when rarely required.