PDA

View Full Version : Carpro cquartz lite new experience

Pages : [1] 2

PeteT19640
01-07-2023, 04:14 AM
Hi thanks to all that pitched in.
As you might have seen our (girlfriend included) experience with this product was not good first off, see other thread.

Received new box and applied to a 2023 Kia Sportage SUV (Dawning Red).
Wow what a difference to us both, experience wise.
The application honestly was no difference to applying a sealant but with more protection, why wouldn't you.

The time taken to complete the vehicle was so much faster. It was that good, made a call to apply another coat and this took less time.
Temperature was 24 C with 90% humidity. Doesn't seem much but foreigners from hot countries can't believe how hot it is. Don't know why this is.
Today was all cloud, no sun.
I'm sold on this ceramic coating, what next?

I have Wolfgang Si02 Silica Spritz Sealant to maintain.

The Guz
01-07-2023, 04:18 PM
Nice. Enjoy it. Your previous experience was from an one bottle seeing it’s end of life.

PeteT19640
01-07-2023, 08:10 PM
Nice. Enjoy it. Your previous experience was from an one bottle seeing it’s end of life.
Will the Wolfgang Silica Spray Sealant be a good one to maintain, say once a month.
Its a daily drive.

The difference between Lite & 3.0 for prep and application much different?

Texchappy
01-07-2023, 08:26 PM
Having just out on 3.0 and having done Lite 18 months ago, i’d say not too much difference all things considered. Can’t answer the topper question as I didn’t use any on the lite.

Coatingsarecrack
01-08-2023, 01:33 AM
Will the Wolfgang Silica Spray Sealant be a good one to maintain, say once a month.
Its a daily drive.

No too much. Will take over performance of coating. Once every 3-4 months max. It’s a strong sealant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noorth
01-08-2023, 02:18 AM
Hi thanks to all that pitched in.
As you might have seen our (girlfriend included) experience with this product was not good first off, see other thread.

Received new box and applied to a 2023 Kia Sportage SUV (Dawning Red).
Wow what a difference to us both, experience wise.
The application honestly was no difference to applying a sealant but with more protection, why wouldn't you.

The time taken to complete the vehicle was so much faster. It was that good, made a call to apply another coat and this took less time.
Temperature was 24 C with 90% humidity. Doesn't seem much but foreigners from hot countries can't believe how hot it is. Don't know why this is.
Today was all cloud, no sun.
I'm sold on this ceramic coating, what next?

I have Wolfgang Si02 Silica Spritz Sealant to maintain.

Personally, i wouldn't put anything on it until the beads start getting flat. I was just use carpro's ech20 or release for a drying aid.

The Guz
01-08-2023, 03:07 AM
Its a daily drive.

You will not need to use it monthly. You could if you like. In the end it is your vehicle and your choice on what gives you joy. There is no need to baby the coating that much.

UK needs time to flash before wiping. Lite is wipe on wipe off.

dlc95
01-08-2023, 07:34 PM

Mike, do think the new blue glass bottle will help it keep a longer shelf life?

The Guz
01-08-2023, 09:35 PM
Mike, do think the new blue glass bottle will help it keep a longer shelf life?

They went back to plastic bottles due to the breaking during shipping. I bought one with the glass bottles only because the glass bottle looks so nice.

Paul A.
01-09-2023, 12:05 PM
Glad to hear you had a better experience.

dlc95
01-09-2023, 03:02 PM
They went back to plastic bottles due to the breaking during shipping. I bought one with the glass bottles only because the glass bottle looks so nice.

Ah bummer

noorth
01-09-2023, 10:53 PM
They really should sell smaller bottles but maybe it's just not worth it for them. Cancoat is the same but there is a European company selling 100ml of a true spray coating like cancoat. It might be my next coating because it needs no cure time. It has a built in polymer additive or something that wears off in a week and/or first wash. Infinity Wax.

It would be great for more companies to work on such a product for the DIY market. Most people don't have a garage.

PeteT19640
01-11-2023, 01:16 AM
Having just out on 3.0 and having done Lite 18 months ago, i’d say not too much difference all things considered. Can’t answer the topper question as I didn’t use any on the lite.
Keep me posted with your experience with 3.0.
The difference other than having to wait for it to flash and price?
Your technique was the same.

PeteT19640
01-11-2023, 01:20 AM
No too much. Will take over performance of coating. Once every 3-4 months max. It’s a strong sealant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Wolfgang sealant I believe be applied as a standalone
sealant.
Ok will apply every 3 months, thanks.
Have you used Wolfgang sio2 Silica Spray?

PeteT19640
01-11-2023, 01:23 AM
They really should sell smaller bottles but maybe it's just not worth it for them. Cancoat is the same but there is a European company selling 100ml of a true spray coating like cancoat. It might be my next coating because it needs no cure time. It has a built in polymer additive or something that wears off in a week and/or first wash. Infinity Wax.

It would be great for more companies to work on such a product for the DIY market. Most people don't have a garage.

I agree I think, maybe 60-70ml bottle.
Specially for the DIY.