PDA

View Full Version : multi day detailing suggestions needed

gkcomp22
04-24-2008, 08:47 PM
I want to detail my car and was wondering whats the best way to do it over a couple of days. Since I work m-f 8am-4:30pm I figure I could work on it for a few hours after work. So I could use some suggestions on whats the best way to go about doing this.

I was thinking

Day 1 Wash/Clay

Day 2 polish

Day 3 Wax, dress tires and trim, clean windows

Now lets say on day 2 do you need to wash again before you you start polishing? The car will be in a garage those days and won't be driven if that matters. Whats the best way to continue working on the car the next day? Can you just pick up where you left off?

Thanks for the suggestions

Jimmie
04-24-2008, 09:26 PM
That's the way that I usually do my own car. I'll Polish a few panels each night. The next day I'll PB Spray and Wipe a few more and polish them. I spray wax the ones that I've finished. When I finish polishing I use a paint cleaner before I apply the LSP.
I'll also spend a number of eves on the interior.

94LT1
04-24-2008, 09:38 PM
wats PB spray and wipe?

pt91
04-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Poorboy's Spray & Wipe Waterless Wash: Just spray and wipe away dirt and grime with this quick cleaner! qed, poorboys waterless wipe, poorboys quick (http://www.autogeek.net/pbsaw16.html)

gkcomp22
04-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Would I be able to use ONR instead of the PB spray and wipe? What spray wax and paint cleaner do you use?

Can you polish a panel and apply the LSP? Then continue doing that panel by panel until you're done? I think your way sounds better since the polish would get on the panel you just did. I figure i'd ask to be sure.

Jimmie
04-25-2008, 01:39 AM
Would I be able to use ONR instead of the PB spray and wipe? What spray wax and paint cleaner do you use?

Can you polish a panel and apply the LSP? Then continue doing that panel by panel until you're done? I think your way sounds better since the polish would get on the panel you just did. I figure i'd ask to be sure.

Yeah, you can use ONR. I use Souveran Spray wax and Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion (or Klasse AIO).
You could also polish and go to your LSP on each panel.

gkcomp22
04-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Is there anything I can buy locally over the counter that works as good as Souveran Spray wax and Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion? I don't want to have to wait and pay shipping for 2 items. Only if necessary.

I never thought you would be able to polish and go to LSP panel by panel. You learn so much here. I just want everything to look uniform when i'm done. So would using the spray wax and cleaner work better for an even look?

Thanks for all the help.