PDA

View Full Version : To wash or not to wash (post coating)

Texchappy
01-04-2023, 01:10 PM
So it is a week today since I finished putting the Gliss on my Maverick following UK 3.0 the day before. Noticed today it was lightly dusty. I could leave it a bit longer*. I could waterless with Ech2o. I could do a rinseless wash with Ech2o or ONR (leaning toward the latter).

So which would you do?

* thinking of letting the coating set up as long as possible.

briarpatch
01-04-2023, 02:36 PM
So it is a week today since I finished putting the Gliss on my Maverick following UK 3.0 the day before. Noticed today it was lightly dusty. I could leave it a bit longer*. I could waterless with Ech2o. I could do a rinseless wash with Ech2o or ONR (leaning toward the latter).

So which would you do?

* thinking of letting the coating set up as long as possible.

I've not used either of those two products....so I'll ask a silly question...what do the directions say?

The Guz
01-04-2023, 02:47 PM
If you think it needs to be washed then wash it. If not then leave it until it needs to be washed.

Texchappy
01-04-2023, 02:59 PM
7 days before washing/using chemicals I believe is what the directions say. I’ve also read that the longer you can wait the more longevity/durability you’ll achieve (I’m sure up until a point).

Guz, I think that 90% of F9 lbs not in this site would consider it clean so I’ll probably wait a bit longer before cleaning it.