PDA

View Full Version : Don’t you hate finding dings/scratches on your car?

Pages : [1] 2

Eldorado2k
12-26-2022, 06:28 PM
So I washed & sealed my car last night for the 1st time in a while in preparation for the rain that’s predicted for tomorrow, and as I’m outside just now having a look at the car I notice this new scratch that I’m certain wasn’t there before.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221226/c2bfb2481c9c82866ccf7c1cc97383d7.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221226/2b25f2efd31c1baf385f8be78da88256.jpg

It had to have happened while parked at work. How can people be so damn careless to reverse into a bumper like that? Damn it’s aggravating.

Has this ever happened to you?

PaulMys
12-26-2022, 06:55 PM
Not to me personally, but I see this happen all the time. (Customers come into the dealership asking for recommendations for body work after this happens to them.)

Just reenforces my hatred for people in general.

Selfish, careless, "me first, and screw everyone else" attitudes.

The same jerk-offs that don't use their blinkers when turning or changing lanes. Because hey........... I'm too lazy to move my finger one inch.

And I'm definitely NOT going out of my way to report damage I did to your car.

Are there any security cameras at your work, Ric?

briarpatch
12-26-2022, 07:02 PM
Over the years, almost all the damage done to my vehicles has happened in the parking lot where I work.

Eldorado2k
12-26-2022, 07:20 PM
Are there any security cameras at your work, Ric?

Nope, we park on the street. But it’s only our cars that line that street, that’s why I’m certain it had to happen there. It’s the only time my cars parked behind another vehicle.

2black1s
12-26-2022, 07:21 PM
That sucks!

And yes, it happened to me once in the parking lot at work, 2005-ish.

And then about five years later... The fatal blow.

Eldorado2k
12-26-2022, 07:35 PM
That sucks!

And yes, it happened to me once in the parking lot at work, 2005-ish.

And then about five years later... The fatal blow.

Man that’s an actual dent. That’s worse.

Man if I would’ve seen it happen I would’ve been livid. Lol

Bill D
12-26-2022, 07:44 PM
The only thing I can do to try to prevent such stuff is to park far away but that’s no guarantee the car will be okay.

Last month some jerk parked super close to me obviously on purpose. I don’t get it, it was a nice Challenger too. You’d think he’d also want to park some place safe.

People can be scumbags.

Big Dave
12-26-2022, 08:42 PM
A-holes every where, this is why we can't have nice things.

First one is on the driver's door, I'm pretty sure I know who did it. I was driving in a shopping centre car park and a local meth head walked from between 2 cars and I almost hit him, he yelled abuse at me and I told him to watch where he was going, drove off and parked. When I came back my mirror was bent the wrong way and the door was scratched, it was a lot longer than in the pic, but I spent a couple hours on it that day, most days I don't even notice it.

Second one is down on the bumper and indicator. I don't know who did it, but I can only guess they didn't break the light because they hit my recovery hitch. I don't keep the towbar in because I like my shins.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221227/2dd91baadbb275b878799ed95dae0bbe.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221227/3d1728c1820e9dc09eac15349f0dd488.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221227/a233e99ad52d65cbfa6510871d128a11.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
12-26-2022, 09:54 PM
Unless it’s a weekend only driver, you can pretty much forget about the thought of a car remaining perfect. Eventually someone or something is going to ding it.

VISITOR
12-26-2022, 11:21 PM
it seems the more careful you are (not just car care) these days, the more prone that something will happen. that's why i look forward to every wash so i can go every panel and inspect for any new damage (stone chip, etc.) which seems to happen more often than not. it's gonna happen at some point, just do the best you can...

Bill D
12-27-2022, 04:09 AM
Unless it’s a weekend only driver, you can pretty much forget about the thought of a car remaining perfect. Eventually someone or something is going to ding it.

Not necessarily. But a lot of that not happening to me is due to the fact that all the seniors who live around here don’t want to/ can’t park where I do

Big Dave
12-27-2022, 04:18 AM
Saw this on YouTube the other day, I hope karma catches up with this d-head.

https://youtu.be/RB-ARvWD3mk

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

briarpatch
12-27-2022, 06:20 AM
The only thing I can do to try to prevent such stuff is to park far away but that’s no guarantee the car will be okay.

Last month some jerk parked super close to me obviously on purpose. I don’t get it, it was a nice Challenger too. You’d think he’d also want to park some place safe.

People can be scumbags.

The flip side to this......you parked far away because you take care of your ride....maybe this person saw that and believed that parking next to you was the safest place he could be

Bill D
12-27-2022, 06:24 AM
This person parked so close to me I could barely get my door open. It sure looked like on purpose/for spite to me. Not to mention there were dozens of other far away spots to choose from.

opie
12-27-2022, 07:56 AM
This person parked so close to me I could barely get my door open. It sure looked like on purpose/for spite to me. Not to mention there were dozens of other far away spots to choose from.If you had a "beater" it would be door to door contact. Asssholes deserve to be treated as such.

Its sad that you have to worry so much about where you take your nice ride to the store, worring if someone careless will park next to you.

I know that when we take a trip to the city for any reason...its the work car that gets taken.

Anywhere i go i try to find those first closest end parking spots so i only gotta worry about one side. Im usually succesful

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk