PDA

View Full Version : Downey Rinse & Refresh with Microfiber?

AMarkham40
12-21-2022, 05:17 AM
Curious if anyone has used or looked into using Downey Rinse & Refresh when washing microfiber towels. It's suppose to be low-PH formula that "deep cleans" fabrics. It doesn't lubricate fibers like a traditional fabric softener. I'm wondering if this would work well with microfibers?

How to Use Downy Rinse and Refresh | Downy (https://downy.com/en-us/fabric-softener-tips/how-to-use-downy/how-to-use-rinse-and-refresh)

glen e
12-21-2022, 06:09 AM
It might work, but I’m not sure I believe any of the marketing/advertising that goes along with household products these days, I think I’d err on the side of “nothing but a good microfiber soap, in the washer or dryer.”

SNP209
12-21-2022, 06:44 AM
Same concept as adding vinegar in the rinse cycle. 3D Towel Kleen has served me well by itself, but I've heard too many good things about P&S Rags to Riches to not give it a shot as soon as I run out of Towel Kleen.

opie
12-21-2022, 07:35 AM
Personally thats a NO for me. It states its mostly for a oder remover. "Fabric refresher"....is not what you want for cleaning your detailing towels and whatnot. i use 3d towel clean, and also have used poor boys world tornado pad cleaner, both with great success.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

PA DETAILER
12-21-2022, 10:34 AM
That would be a no for me. I only use PB microfiber restorer wash.

AMarkham40
12-21-2022, 06:22 PM
Thanks guys. I use 3D Towel Kleen as well but I was intrigued by this new product. I will keep to my current routine.

VISITOR
12-21-2022, 06:41 PM
many of us look at microfiber as an investment and try to make them last as long as we possibly can. it's one product that touches your paint (and other delicate surfaces) the most often. i don't skimp on buying or taking care of them. i have had the best results with a dedicated microfiber detergent...

dlc95
12-21-2022, 08:25 PM
Same concept as adding vinegar in the rinse cycle. 3D Towel Kleen has served me well by itself, but I've heard too many good things about P&S Rags to Riches to not give it a shot as soon as I run out of Towel Kleen.

I was using 3D Towel Kleen before buying the Rags To Riches.

Honestly they're both great products.

Eldorado2k
12-22-2022, 07:43 AM
I was using 3D Towel Kleen before buying the Rags To Riches.

Honestly they're both great products.

I’ve used both Towel Kleen and R2R, but recently bought some Tide Free detergent and my plan was to try it on my towels once I’m out of R2R, but after going through an entire bottle for general laundry I’m not really so confident about it’s ability to handle a load of dirty microfiber towels. Reason I think that is because the suds on that soap even at the 4-5 mark on the cap are super weak. Maybe someone else can chime in.