PDA

View Full Version : Tip: Install all weather floor mats

Honda Fan
12-19-2022, 09:37 AM
I took a friends advice and installed a set of WeatherTech floor mats almost immediately after getting this new car and all I can say is WOW! Now that I'm not grinding dirt into the carpet and it's just sitting on top of the plastic I can see just how much dirt gets tracked into the car (even when being careful). Being able to pull these out and quickly wash them off is saving me probably 20 minutes during each wash over the carpeted ones.

opie
12-19-2022, 09:44 AM
Yeah to my wife and i they are a must. Just wish they made them for the buick. Noboy makes them unfortunatly

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

PA DETAILER
12-19-2022, 10:11 AM
Best thing ever invented! I have the GM Chevy version in my truck. Would not be without them!!

bbmach
12-19-2022, 10:21 AM
WeatherTech does make universal “cut-to-fit” mats that may be close (or not-so-close).
What year and type Buick?

opie
12-19-2022, 10:39 AM
WeatherTech does make universal “cut-to-fit” mats that may be close (or not-so-close).
What year and type Buick?Yeah i have those, its a 07 lacrosse. They just domt comtain water and crudd like lazer cut ones

MisterSnoop
12-19-2022, 11:15 AM
Yeah. I asked for WeatherTech mats for my car for either my birthday or Christmas. I figured I'd just use them in the winter and I'd swap in the OEM mats for the summer since I expected the heel on my clutch foot would slip on the WeatherTechs. But that doesn't really happen so I left them in year-round.

Maintenance wise, I've either just shaken them off or did a full cleaning/protection. I do need to start doing something in-between.

bbmach
12-19-2022, 11:18 AM
Yeah i have those, its a 07 lacrosse. They just domt comtain water and crudd like lazer cut ones

Gotcha - have you seen the Husky Liners?

opie
12-19-2022, 11:28 AM
Gotcha - have you seen the Husky Liners?O checked them maybe last winter and they did not offer any lazer cut at the time

msharpe785
12-19-2022, 02:38 PM
Got weather tech floor mats in all 3 vehicles plus one of their cargo mats in a suv. OEM carpet mats still look factory new.

opie
12-19-2022, 03:07 PM
Got weather tech floor mats in all 3 vehicles plus one of their cargo mats in a suv. OEM carpet mats still look factory new.

Those cargo mats are nice, wifes jeep has one.

hoyt66
12-20-2022, 05:25 AM
I have Husky X-Act Contours in my truck. They "lay" better than the Weather Tech.

DUBL0WS6
12-20-2022, 09:07 PM
I have rubber type mats in one truck and Carpet Catch It (which is like carpet bedliner material). I prefer the Catch It mats. You don't have a pond sloshing around you feet everytime you turn a corner or brake.

Coatingsarecrack
12-21-2022, 07:03 AM
I have the Husky X-act contours. I like them better than their Weather beaters (plasticky like WT) and Weathertech.

They have a more spray in Bedliner feel so the don’t feel slippery or curl up after couple years of use. They are great.

Next round I will probably try the 3D maxpiders just because the look the best…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk