PDA

View Full Version : 1st Time Using Griot's Garage-Brilliant Finish Rinseless Wash, A Bit Disappointed....

joebruin77
12-17-2022, 03:43 PM
In general, I am a big Griot's Garage fan. I love their 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax, Ceramic Speed Shine, and microfiber towels. Today I used Griot's Garage Brilliant Finish Rinseless Wash for the first time. If I am being honest, I was a bit disappointed.

1) At one ounce per gallon of water, the dilution ratio uses more product compared to other rinseless washes I have used.

2) I like to use a microfiber wash pad for my rinseless washes. When I rinsed the wash pad in my bucket, I found that the dirt did not release easily. I had to rub the pad against the grit guard several extra times to get the dirt to release. It is possible the car was dirtier than usual. But when I have used ONR and Absolute in the past, I do not recall having to work as hard to get the dirt to release from the wash pad.

3) I couldn't really detect a strong scent. Not that this is a huge problem. But I do find that if a rinseless wash has a very pleasant scent, I enjoy using it more. For example, I love how P and S Absolute and Owner's Pride rinseless washes smell.

What do you think of this product? Is your experience similar or different from mine?

Thanks,
Joe

MisterSnoop
12-17-2022, 04:05 PM
In general, I am a big Griot's Garage fan. I love their 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax, Ceramic Speed Shine, and microfiber towels. Today I used Griot's Garage Brilliant Finish Rinseless Wash for the first time. If I am being honest, I was a bit disappointed.

1) At one ounce per gallon of water, the dilution ratio uses more product compared to other rinseless washes I have used.

2) I like to use a microfiber wash pad for my rinseless washes. When I rinsed the wash pad in my bucket, I found that the dirt did not release easily. I had to rub the pad against the grit guard several extra times to get the dirt to release. It is possible the car was dirtier than usual. But when I have used ONR and Absolute in the past, I do not recall having to work as hard to get the dirt to release from the wash pad.

3) I couldn't really detect a strong scent. Not that this is a huge problem. But I do find that if a rinseless wash has a very pleasant scent, I enjoy using it more. For example, I love how P and S Absolute and Owner's Pride rinseless washes smell.

What do you think of this product? Is your experience similar or different from mine?

Thanks,
Joe

1) It uses more product but it's cheaper per ounce. Griot's is $15/64 oz. 32 oz of Absolute is $18. Unless you're buying the gallon size of another RW, Griot's is cheaper per wash.

2) I don't put my microfibers back into any bucket after I've taken it out so I can't compare experience.

3) scent isn't a huge factor for me.

craigdt
12-17-2022, 04:50 PM
I do not enjoy the smell, so I don't enjoy using it.

It comes in the world's largest jug. That's irritating.

Dilution ratio is not great.

Just wish it had a better smell. I'd probably use it, but find myself defaulting to N914 when I need something that doesn't leave much behind.

PaulMys
12-17-2022, 05:44 PM
In general, I am a big Griot's Garage fan.

Count me in that category.

But I agree with you, Joe. The BF Rinseless kinda leaves more to be desired IMO.

Wolfgang Uber, Absolute, and ONR are better products if you ask me.

Coatingsarecrack
12-18-2022, 05:35 AM
Reminds a lot of N-914. Cleans paint well but I have only use GD method mostly.

I was giving my buddy who has a (car) lot some supplies so he could rinseless and gave him an 80% full bottle of BFRW.

While showing him and his employee how to do it they (and I) were surprised how well it rinse clean from the BRS.

I would say in that one wash it rinse cleaner than N-914 for me……

I feel as Griots has it to have one but there not as enthusiastic about it like Optimum or McKee’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk