PDA

View Full Version : What supplies can be left in the garage in winter?

Pages : [1] 2

briarpatch
12-16-2022, 03:33 PM
So.....it has not gotten really cold where I am.....yet. I figured I'd start rounding up some supplies and getting them to the basement before it does. I got to thinking....is there any of this stuff (chemicals) I can leave in the garage all winter? My garage is insulated, and it does not get below 40-45 degrees in there....even during our coldest months. Last year, we had a really mild winter, and I did not move anything out of the garage....but all indications point to that not being the case this year.

Bosko
12-16-2022, 03:41 PM
I put creams/polishes/sealants/dressings inside......soaps and cleaners I leave in the garage

Flash Gordon
12-16-2022, 03:51 PM
If it doesn't get below 45° you can leave it all out there

Only thing that I bring in are compounds, polishes and liquid wax. I would bring ceramic coatings or sprays in too if they're not already
APC, liquid solvents, liquid window cleaners (I don't use) stay outdoors. Anything aerosol you might want to bring in.

Suppose to get down to 10° a couple of nights next week :wowwow::wowwow::wowwow:

craigdt
12-17-2022, 04:54 PM
Most the watery stuff I leave in the garage.

The lotiony stuff and LSPs I take inside.

PaulMys
12-17-2022, 05:32 PM
Everything I have lives inside year-round.

I don't have a garage, just a 12x16 shed that is my work shop. Between all of my lawn care equipment, snow blower, generator, tools, and toolboxes, space is at a premium in there.

So I keep all of my detailing products in trunk organizers, and my MF towels and pads in sealable totes in my spare room/man cave.

I keep a smaller one on the side to pack with the things I'll be using for the day when I am detailing.

Works for me........ :)

luckydawg
12-17-2022, 07:42 PM
I put creams/polishes/sealants/dressings inside......soaps and cleaners I leave in the garage

+1

luckydawg
12-17-2022, 07:43 PM
What the H#$ is a snow blower?

PaulMys
12-17-2022, 07:56 PM

Something a real man uses.

You don't need to worry about that, Mary............. :laughing::laughing:

Coatingsarecrack
12-17-2022, 10:40 PM

Something a real man uses.

You don't need to worry about that, Mary............. :laughing::laughing:

It’s what old folks use when the can’t use a shovel no more…..[emoji1787][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA DETAILER
12-18-2022, 11:40 AM
Newer garage but not insulated. Guess I should get around to getting it done. So once the temps start to get below 32, I bring EVERYTHING into a heated portion of the basement.

SameGuy
12-18-2022, 12:54 PM
My garage doesn’t tend to go below 50° in the winter and everything stays in there with no issues, but I shovelled a path to the shed yesterday to go put something in it, and I found that I had forgotten a few liquid gardening and pool products in there and the bottles were all bloated and two of them were leaking around the caps. Crap.

dlc95
12-18-2022, 03:08 PM
I bring most inside but I haven't seen the garage get below 40° even in the coldest temps.

I have to do this because for some reason the gf likes to leave the garage door open in the winter and I don't want my stuff to freeze. In the summer sheleaves the door closed but parks in the driveway.

Maybe there is a drawback to her not really knowing how much money is sitting in that garage.. Not to mention the $3,000.00 in drum gear that shares the space...

MisterSnoop
12-18-2022, 03:26 PM
I moved my stuff inside and kept it there for the most part. Garage is uninsulated. I got a bluetooth thermometer that I put out there to see how cold it got. Definitely gets below freezing. In warmer weather, I might leave stuff for a while.

JDGolden
12-18-2022, 09:15 PM
It’s what old folks use when the can’t use a shovel no more…..[emoji1787][emoji6]

Lmao I’ve shoveled my driveway by hand before and it’s not fun. 160’ or so long, and a massive pad in front of my garage. When both were still unfinished (large driveway base rocks), I had a skid loader in my garage and used that to clear snow. It took longer to warm the diesel engine up than it did to clear the snow out. Came in handy when we had a 14” snowstorm. But a couple months later in the spring I made the driveway forms and had concrete poured.

That said, my detailing products are now in the basement until spring.

DUBL0WS6
12-18-2022, 09:57 PM
I leave towels, soaps and cleaners in the garage.