PDA

View Full Version : Which waxes contain beeswax and mineral petroleum (paraffin and microcrystalline).

Demonicus666
07-20-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey guys I was wondreing what waxes contained mineral petroleum (paraffin and microcrystalline), animal (bees) wax???

[COLOR=#000080]"Wax is an organic material that is solid at room temperature, melts at a fairly low point and is not a polymer. Wax comes in many types, including vegetable (carnauba), mineral petroleum (paraffin and microcrystalline), animal (bees) and fossil (montan). And yes also synthetic."

ScottB
07-20-2006, 08:03 PM
deleted link at it involved another forum .... please be considerate of them also.

----------------------------------------

I know for a fact that P21S is heavy in beeswax. Thats why it beads so well. It was a common ingredient in all those spray wash/wax items as it looks good but does nothing for paint. I have seen Montan wax in alot of carnuaba product descriptions, blended. Zymol uses it .... not sure on Pinnacle, Poorboys and others.

belcherm58
07-21-2006, 09:08 AM
deleted link at it involved another forum .... please be considerate of them also.

----------------------------------------

I know for a fact that P21S is heavy in beeswax. Thats why it beads so well. It was a common ingredient in all those spray wash/wax items as it looks good but does nothing for paint. I have seen Montan wax in alot of carnuaba product descriptions, blended. Zymol uses it .... not sure on Pinnacle, Poorboys and others.
:iagree:

I think the S100 is also heavy in beeswax also.

abrcrombe
07-21-2006, 11:17 AM
Pretty much the same thing...

ScottB
07-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Pretty much the same thing...

most of us say "exactly" ...

belcherm58
07-21-2006, 06:55 PM
most of us say "exactly" ...

I thought so. I was not sure and would not say that unless i was sure.